Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By HungRealLow21
Drfunk1155 wrote:Cops LOVE tint. Be prepared to remove it.

thats hwy you check your laws and stuff see what you can do here in illinins you can have 35% all around or if you want any darker you must have 50% in the front and you can go pitch black on the rest im sitting on 50-20% right now coupe and four door
By Cl9junky
#301600 Do it if you don't care about showing off your interior to everyone in the local Walmart parking lot and say hey look what you can take! Plus it protects your stuff from fading and temps down in the summer. Because in a car show/meet you can just put your windows down when it really counts to show your hard work off. :thumb:
By Gordongk
#301612 The police only fuck with you over tint if they pull you over for something else. Last week I was pulled over for no front license plate. The cop whipped out a tint meter and tested my windows. My tints are supposed to be 20%, but his machine clocked it at 17%. He just gave me a warning. Of course the tint will be staying on.
By slow4dr
#301619 I also live in ohio. When I had my da the windows was 50% front n 20% rear I got dicked with all the tim I finally got pissed and ask the cops why they always pulled me over for it he told me because it looked like a drug mobile pissed me off I told him search it and drug test me I didnt / don't and won't do that shit. Just some fyi for ohio cops
By teal_dx
#301620 I would check into OH law... I know 20% is darker than legal. I think it's 50% for front doors and either 35% or darker behind.

I have 50% on my front door windows and 35% on the rear and back windows and have never been pulled over.
Also drive a car with dark tint at night. I've borrowed some friend's vehicles and the tint was so dark that I had to roll the windows down at night to see outside better.
By Drfunk1155
#302609 My best friend is a cop. Trust me, its just passed down from veterans to rookies. Officers NEED to have some sort of sight when approaching a car, even if its just for a tailight/speeding. How is he suppose to know if your not a meth addict with a gun? Think about it... I would be pissed if i pulled a car over on a dark road and couldnt see anything until i was being shot at....

Dont tint your windows IF:
You dont feel like spending 2 hrs peeling it back off (some states are tough)
You tend to speed
You blast Dr. Dre through nieghborhoods
Where a 50/50 hat to the side (discrimination...i know its 2012)
You do not enjoy being pulled over by a bored, ordinary, common sensed police officer any day of the year. :x :x
By chrono404
#302677 I personally love tint. It keeps my car cooler, makes it harder to see whats in the car when I park it at a shopping center.

In Washington state the tint law is so messed up its not enforced anymore. To many people beat it in court so its not enforced. Therefore if your in Washington you can do pretty much anything you want tint wise here.

IMO, Tint benefits outweight the reduced visibility at night.
By 94civic
#313179 yeah mine is tinted at 20% on the front and back windows... and i love it! deffinetley keeps the car cooler and i love the look! but like they say its personal preffrence, do it the way you want!
By 1ATony
#315203 I tend to like tint on cars, it would look pretty good I think.