Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

What to do?

93%
N/A
7%
By 93CivicEg
#293337 Ok so this is the deal, i have had this car for a few months and over the months i have found some problems, and i want your guys opinions, some days i want to keep it and fix it but other days i get aggervated and want to get rid of it. let me know what you think. This is my DD

Trade
Sell and for how much?
Keep it?

Ok so to start off:

I just bought brand new tires and window seals

Exhaust has no cat, its welded all the way back, so i need to install a cat.
Suspension is shot, when i go on bumps the struts bottom out.
Horn does not work.
Reverse lights dont work
Everything is black besides, Seats, Seat Belts, Wheel, E-Brake Handle.
No High Beams because of HID Kit.
Paint looks like shit, last owner did a shitty job and door jams are still white.
Looks like someone smacked into the door, its all dented up.
Pass side corner light has water in it
front bumper is cracked.
both front and rear bumper are black
Gas Pedal sticks somethimes when i give it gas.
Clutch Pedal is leaking

Here are some pics and whats new on it and whole nine yards.

Let me know your honest opinion.

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda-10 ... ap-426245/
By stubrun
#293340 Fix it mate, nothing better than the satisfaction of knowing you built it!! Built not bought!!
By EJ1_MK
#293341 All those issues are easily fixable and with some digging bet you can find most of the issues are silly and just need some tlc. Parts for our cars are quite cheap and if you price everything out I bet it would still be cheaper to fix than to sell or trade it off.
By 93CivicEg
#293342 Thanks for the replys guys. My most part is find out how to wire up my horn. Or just buy a quick release wheel

And stubrun where did you get that sig? Ive been wanting one
By 93CivicEg
#293343 Ok and for suspension i got no name sleaves with blown struts. Should i get oem struts which are $50 eachnwhich i can get a discount at work and put them on my sleaves or save and get f&f coils for 630
By EJ1_MK
#293346 putting stock struts back on will not help, they will blow out again because they are not designed for the sleeve coil overs. spending the extra money and get the F&F type 1 would be best but you will want to get camber kits front and rear to adjust so you do not wear out your tires.
By EJ1_MK
#293349 I will tell you that I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, I picked up a 96 integra 4 door for a dd, and man the guy I got it from was a complete joke. so far here is the list that of parts that I have replaced:

Thermostat
Spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor,
fuses,
all the heater and rad hoses
Both front wheel bearings
ball joints
tie rod ends
exhaust,
Crank position sensor
both O2 sensors
intake manifold gasket
fuel filter
instrument cluster bulbs because it was missing quite a few
fan relay, and switch
ground wires
motor mounts
put wheels and tires on from my civic
front brake pads and rotors
rear caliper because it was seized and rear brake pads

left is the struts and srpings and carpet cause it was gross and can not be saved.
By stubrun
93CivicEg wrote:Thanks for the replys guys. My most part is find out how to wire up my horn. Or just buy a quick release wheel

And stubrun where did you get that sig? Ive been wanting one

Pixelcarart.Com, I changed the colours and added details like wheels etc using ms paint.
Or try here for a large range of bases.
http://database.mangacars.fr/details.php?image_id=198
Definitely keep the car going!
By 93CivicEg
EJ1_MK wrote:I will tell you that I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, I picked up a 96 integra 4 door for a dd, and man the guy I got it from was a complete joke. so far here is the list that of parts that I have replaced:

Thermostat
Spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor,
fuses,
all the heater and rad hoses
Both front wheel bearings
ball joints
tie rod ends
exhaust,
Crank position sensor
both O2 sensors
intake manifold gasket
fuel filter
instrument cluster bulbs because it was missing quite a few
fan relay, and switch
ground wires
motor mounts
put wheels and tires on from my civic
front brake pads and rotors
rear caliper because it was seized and rear brake pads

left is the struts and srpings and carpet cause it was gross and can not be saved.

Yeah i just got a offer for 3500 on the car. I kinda needs a bigger car for my son, so i was thinking of a teg i really love the tegs
By EJ1_MK
#293354 Take it and get your self the next step up for 3500 I would sell my teg in a heart beat lol
By 93CivicEg
#293364 Yeah i just got 2 people now wanting it for 3500 so lets see what happens
By FG2_Andrew
#293379 most of those are super easy fixes. keep it.
By EG Love
#295343 You got an offer for 3500? IMO, i'd take that in a second, and start fresh with a more well-kept civic. I bought a run-down civic that was treated so badly, i spent so much time and money on it, couldn't keep up with it for years. Sold it for $900 and bought an SI for $2000 and its like a brand new car in comparison. But if you are handy with cars and can fix it all yourself with ease, maybe it's worth keeping. But in my case I was new to cars, and it was a long expensive learning process..
By Apexracing
#295560 If you check his link he says the car is sold. I hope he sticks around, plenty of users and mods on here dont own eg/ejs.