Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ZCej1
#292879 hey everyone . i have a 93 ej1 with a dohc zc 3rd gen. since the swap its had a steady idle of 1300 will not go any lower then that ( after warm up ) cold starts the car will idle at 2500 ...... but hears the thing, im running a P28 1.6 SINGLE CAM VTEC ecu ....... Would that be half my problem?? i've bin trying to find the PM7 ecu or the P29 but no luck . HELP!!
By jred
#292885 This should help you out

By ZCej1
#292960 blaahhh.. iv'e already cleaned and replaced a few of those parts. lol the eacv, fast idle valve and iv'e adjusted the idle screw as well ....
By TrailerTrash
#292970 I cant read that but it looks helpful!
By stubrun
#292993 It might be a silly question but have you hooked the map sensor up.
By ZCej1
#292995 ^^ haha yes i have .
By jred
TrailerTrash wrote:I cant read that but it looks helpful!

i got the whole service manual for 92-92 civic in PDF, dont know how to post it up, i tried as JPEG but as you can see its blurred in the process..
By jred
ZCej1 wrote:blaahhh.. iv'e already cleaned and replaced a few of those parts. lol the eacv, fast idle valve and iv'e adjusted the idle screw as well ....

:? well last time i got a fast idle problem it was one of my vacuum hose it was popped out, might not be your case but it wont hurt to check it out..
By Apexracing
jred wrote:
ZCej1 wrote:blaahhh.. iv'e already cleaned and replaced a few of those parts. lol the eacv, fast idle valve and iv'e adjusted the idle screw as well ....

:? well last time i got a fast idle problem it was one of my vacuum hose it was popped out, might not be your case but it wont hurt to check it out..

Idk about you guys but i couldnt imagine a dohc engine running very well on a sohc ecu just saying.
By ZCej1
Apexracing wrote:
jred wrote:

Idk about you guys but i couldnt imagine a dohc engine running very well on a sohc ecu just saying.

exactly what im thinking ..... its runs pretty rough id say... im looking for a pm7 or p29 OBD1 !
By ZCej1
#293457 thanks everyone for the AWESOME help!!!! BUT ! its still revving at 1300 lol iv'e just try'd the last one this morning it wont even go to 800 ..... My guess still is the single cam ecu .....
By ZCej1
#295613 HELP PLEASE!!!!!! i would really like for my to idle to idle normal not at 1300 24/7

HELP!
By edge2121
#297683 I have the same motor in mine and had the same problem, well minus the p28, but when I wired everything up under the hood, I had the wrong connector plugged into my air temp sensor, and when I finally figured it out I pulled the sensor and it was melted. You may want to check that. Also pm7s are hard to find, ebay is the only place I've seen them and they are expensive, plus I think u have to change wiring, I run a p06 and it seems pretty decent. I've been wanting to get a p29 chip from ebay, but I don't trust it lol. Good luck!