Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By johnsonm781
#290126 Ok guys I got a 95 civic ex with a rear brake conversion NOT done by me....and the passenger rear setup is shot....so I'm currently buying gsr rear brake calipers, rotors, and pads all for less than 130 bucks BRAND NEW OEM. (My buddy works at o reilys :)...) but anyways the setup on there now doesn't bolt up its got ziptied lines and shit....do I need more than just this to do the correct setup? Please help....I mean obviously u don't but I WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT. Thanks for anyone who contributes advice.
By johnsonm781
#290130 No pics and the brake lines are zipties up....its like there is no place to bolt them up? And I do not have abs. Idk if I should or not but I don't. Since the brakes just lock up and I go sliding away haha
By Apexracing
#290139 the ebrake cables or the brake lines are zip tied? the lines should have anchors on them that should bolt to the caliper, should be a bracket that attaches to the caliper that the lines bolt to.
By johnsonm781
#290145 That's what I thought too but its the actual lines....they got 1 line bolt up but the lines are longer than usual looks like and they have a 2nd anchor not being used.... I don't understand but once I buy these parts maybe ill figure something out....who knows maybe there not actual gsr brake calipers haha and do I buy gsr rotors for my 95 civic and everything I am buying is for a 99 integra gsr
By Apexracing
#290148 Yea it would help to know what setup was put on the car.
By johnsonm781
#290151 Ya that's how it is with everything since half the stuff was on there when I bought it....but I need integra rotors right? I mean I'm getting brand new ones for 12 bucks and civics are cheaper.
By Apexracing
#290152 well i think integra rear disc and civic rear disc is the same size.
By johnsonm781
#290156 Hmm ill text my boy and see what price difference is for sure
By EJ1_MK
#290318 The rear disc are all the same from the integra or civic. Calipers and rotors are all the same. form LS to GSR to SI civic I am sure that your friend at orielly's can look each model up and the part numbers will be the same. As far as the zip ties never seen that before shouldn't need ties on the brake line on the e-brake yes and you would have to either replace them so that you have the brackets to go along with them or buy new ones.
By johnsonm781
#290359 Alright thanks guys