Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By AllmotorReg
#289077 Im looking to replace both front wheel bearing hubs (not just bearing,whole hub) on my 93 non-abs ex coupe. Besides on sale by Honda for 200.00 each, I can't find them anywhere. Finding the rear hubs aren't an issue but when it comes to the fronts, seems like there's no alternative. Anybody run into problems replacing these & what did you do??
By EJ1_MK
#289079 There are places that sell just the hub like NAPA or car quest if you have them in your area. But as for together no because you have to press the bearings in and out in the front spindles the hubs get pressed in and out as well. Now if you have a bad hub then it would need to be replaced but I really doubt that it needs hubs, just bearings.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#289097 check out a junkyard... usually full of civics and hubs are mainly untouched
By AllmotorReg
EJ1_MK wrote:There are places that sell just the hub like NAPA or car quest if you have them in your area. But as for together no because you have to press the bearings in and out in the front spindles the hubs get pressed in and out as well. Now if you have a bad hub then it would need to be replaced but I really doubt that it needs hubs, just bearings.

I searched Napa, I only see the rear hub. Ill call today to see if they have anything in stock that might not become on the site. Same for car quest. Im upgrading every componant on my front spindles. From the upper control arm, down to the lower ball joint. When I took the old hubs off, they were pretty rusted out &I rlly didn't want to use them again
By AllmotorReg
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:check out a junkyard... usually full of civics and hubs are mainly untouched

Want brand new, but I just might end up there, Thxs bro
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#289198 goodluck on the search bro
By Apexracing
AllmotorReg wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:check out a junkyard... usually full of civics and hubs are mainly untouched

Want brand new, but I just might end up there, Thxs bro

why brand new?
By DowningRacing
#293390 I've set out to replace front hubs on my Civic, but once the bearings are pressed out, the hub still looks new. Every shop I've had do that work says the same thing - no need for new front hubs. And this is for a dedicated track-only car. (94 EX Coupe) Original front hubs with 11k race miles on them (OEM set that came with the car).

Please post up if you find a source for new replacements. I still wouldn't mind having another set in the spared box. Thanks!!