Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Apexracing
#284874 Well i brought my civic home today. over all its a pretty decent car, needs shifter bushings, front brakes, and some cleaning and body tlc. Two major issues i came across today are these, Previous owner hit a deer and there is some small core support and crash beam damage. And there is only one horn bolted to the core support and it was unplugged, i pushed the pins back into the connector and plugged it in and i only get a click coming under the dash when i push either horn button. How can i fix my horn? And heres the pics of the damage it looks slight but the hood doesnt latch properly due to the damage.

I only paid 800$ for the car but would like to make it the best i can. thanks for any help or advice guys.
By 93CivicEg
#284884 you would have to get a new radiator core support or get it pulled (reason hood wont latch). and same with the bumper support.

you could also bang the hood latch with a hammer to get it to bend into the right spot if its only the hood latch.

the horn might be unplugged from the wheel or the horn is busted
By Apexracing
#284904 Bump, im just curious why it clicks under the dash when the horn buttons are pressed. Must be a relay trying to actuate the horns? And is there supposed to be two horns? Its been 2 years since ive owned a eg and damnit i cant remember lol
By blk92hb
#284930 we only got 1 horn in the US. and it might be the horn, or a fuse. if the fuse is good then the horn, you might also want to remove the air bag and check the horn contacts
By Apexracing
#284934 Thanks guy i went to the junk yard to check and yea only one horn haha.
By blk92hb
#284936 it kinda sucks because in canada and europe, they got high and low horns
By Apexracing
#284937 Idc how many just as long as it works lol. But got my brake parts in today and ordered some shifter bushings. Ill get my heavy duty rachet straps out and see if i can tug the core support a lil.
By Apexracing
#284951 Well heres the real picture of what i'm up against.

Not as bad as i expected. i'm replacing the crash beam, i just have to straighten this up a bit. any advice lol
By 95cpeEX
#284961 as for fixing the bumper support mounting spots, try using a torch(not to cut, but to heat it) while yanking on it. that will help straighten it out alot easier.

as for your horn, try just taking two wires and giving the horn power and ground and see if you can make the horn work, if you can make the horn work, then its not the horn.

if your horn works that way i would find the horn relay (clicking noise when button is pressed) and try replacing the relay. relay may make clicking noise because its bad.

hope this helps
By tegpower18
#284970 If relay is clicking then fuse is good because that is how the relay is powered i imagine the horn itself is bad find a known good one and replace or get a dvom and have someone push the horn and see if your getting voltage at the connector
By Apexracing
#284971 Yea i didnt think the horn would have a relay lol. But ive got a kickass 150$ multi meeter with built in memory. Ill give that a go later. Makes me curious to why it was pulled apart, why remove the pins from the plug?
By asianrob
#284976 i remember there being a relay
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1926111

heres a write up on wiring up horns to aftermarket steering wheels. a guide i used when i wired mine up in the sedan.

if it clicks horn might be bad. time to get a better horn anyways like a chevy horn. they are loud and deep.
By tegpower18
#284987 Yes there is a relay because the circuit needs one.
By Apexracing
#284988 Got ya. So any two wire horn will work? I might just go with a newer honda one.
By asianrob
Apexracing wrote:Got ya. So any two wire horn will work? I might just go with a newer honda one.

theoretically yes. power and ground basically