Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Chambers
#277720 Hi all,

So my OEM style exhaust (previous owner had replaced it) rattles like crazy, at first I thought, ok its just a heat shield hanging down. I put it up on the lift and found no interference between the exhaust and any point on the car. As my friend and me hit the pipe it rattled, wth? We unbolted the post CAT pipe and sure enough there was a inner pipe just floating in there. We tried to pull it out but it wouldn’t budge so we tack welded it, but after three days the weld broke and started to rattle again... I'm just floored that a company or factory would waste the materials and time to put a second pipe in there, it just doesn’t make sense to me. Anyway, has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Chambers
By TrailerTrash
#277787 dont be a sissy with the welder and fix it good :P

or replace the exhaust and sell the oem one on craigslist. some people buy that poop right up
By 603 jdm
#277810 yeah i have no idea why honda did that. luckily i got an aftermarket catback setup.
By Chambers
TrailerTrash wrote:dont be a sissy with the welder and fix it good :P

or replace the exhaust and sell the oem one on craigslist. some people buy that poop right up

Haha, ya! Thought just crossed my mind, not sure who used the welder last so maybe the wrong wire was in it. I'm gonna weld the whole darn thing at this point, I want that sucker to hold! :hehe:

RWMIII wrote:My Greedy Evo 2 b-pipe did the same. I just ordered another b-pipe to hold me over until I get the skunk2 setup.

Wow, I really wouldn't think aftermarket pipes would have that inner pipe, especially from a big name like that.

603 jdm wrote:yeah i have no idea why honda did that. luckily i got an aftermarket catback setup.

Yea, its dumb, I thought about getting one of those cheap cat back and header deals, but then I remember all the real POS cars running around with a 4" resonator that sounds like they put their mothers vibrator in a can and turned it on.....:lol:

Thanks for the replies!