Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ifl4sh20
#277086 I have a 94 civic coupe sitting on Tokico blue struts with adjustable coilovers. After installing the Tokico struts, coilovers, a camber kit, and rear lower control arms I made the mistake of not having an alignment done to correct everything. I had discount tire put four new Nitto Neogens on about the middle of August. The inside of the front tires wore down after about two months. Now the problem is finding someone who can correct either my toe wear problems or camber wear problems or both. In order to do that I need the specs for a proper alignment on a lowered civic? I have the front coilovers raised higher in the front than the back so theres no rubbing when I turn. Should I adjust all the coilovers to the same height before getting an alignment done? Please I seriously need help before my tires start to bald again.
By RWMIII
#277088 You will want to do any adjustments before you go get the alignment done. And there is no special spec for a lowered cars toe. There is a specific specification for it and needs to be set at that number and nothing else. For an EG Civic the specified range is -0.12* to +0.12*. Where perfect would be at 0* on both sides.
As for camber that will come to personal preference, If you put it back to spec then the front tires wont sit in as most people like and the fender will rub. The range in the front for an EG is -1.0* to +1.0*. I ran mine at -1.6* on both sides with no issues without rolled fenders. The more negative camber you run the faster the inside of the tire will wear. And rotate your tires regularly, it will help distribute tire wear front to back.
By ifl4sh20
#277089 Do you think I should adjust all the coilovers the same?
By teal_dx
#277097 Get it exactly how you want, then get it aligned and don't change it anymore. If your front rubs and you're raising it not to rub, you're running too large of a rim/tire, wrong offset or extremely slammed. Let us know your rim size, offset, tire size, and how low are you going?

It is the toe out that destroys the inside of tires. Negative camber will only cause minimal wear to the insides of tires- a fraction of the wear that toe out will cause.
By ifl4sh20
teal_dx wrote:Get it exactly how you want, then get it aligned and don't change it anymore. If your front rubs and you're raising it not to rub, you're running too large of a rim/tire, wrong offset or extremely slammed. Let us know your rim size, offset, tire size, and how low are you going?

It is the toe out that destroys the inside of tires. Negative camber will only cause minimal wear to the insides of tires- a fraction of the wear that toe out will cause.

205/40/17 tire and wheel size. The coilovers lower from 1" to 4". The back coilovers are as low as they will go and the front are maybe 3".
By teal_dx
#277105 Do you know the offset and rim width? 17" rims are more prone to rub on our cars than a 15" or even 16" wheel with the same width & offset.

If you want the front to be that low, you'll need to pull the fenders a little and lost the plastic lining inside the wheel well. Or not take such sharp turns :)
By ifl4sh20
teal_dx wrote:Do you know the offset and rim width? 17" rims are more prone to rub on our cars than a 15" or even 16" wheel with the same width & offset.

If you want the front to be that low, you'll need to pull the fenders a little and lost the plastic lining inside the wheel well. Or not take such sharp turns :)

Rim width I believe is 7 1/2" not sure about offset.
By EJ1_MK
#277124 I don't think the offset of the wheel is going to help with 17 at this point running a 205/40 there can't be that much side wall. But RWMIII and teal_dx are correct you need to adjust the coil overs so that they are even all the way around and then leave them alone. Then get it alignment to the best that you can. Other thing that you might look into is you might need to roll your front fenders if your are tucking to much tire. Or go to a smaller wheel and tire setup. But it does sound like your camber is way off in the front.

Did you get camber kits for the front and the rear?