Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By HungRealLow21
#271191 So i got me some nice jdm yellow foglight for my ej1 installation was a snapp even did it on the dark with the wife rushing me finish product turned out great lights were lighting up great all that night i showed them off to everyone!!!!!,
next morning got a little foggy and when i went to turn them on nothing!!!!?? i was a little mad :x but had to work so no time to check em and finally when i got around to it i take my bumper down and the first thing i realise is the fuse melted down like wtf but thats not the worst part as i continued to the realy fuse and the yellow wire from the relay fuse all the way to the left foglight burnt out can you imagine my reaction!!! well i contcted the comcany and hopefully they resolve my issue but i am wondering what caused al of that to happen i sure wouldnt like to see it happen again any ideas?? it was just the yellow wire no other wire was molested ill post up piks soon on how it all burnt through!
Last edited by HungRealLow21 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#271194 the fuse melted down as in didn't blow?
By HungRealLow21
#271201 well shit im pretty sure it did blew but its stuck so i cant even get it out to throughly check it out
By TrailerTrash
#271267 ive seen fuses that have gotten hot enough to melt without popping so thats why i asked. something went bad with your wiring like a short and you may need replacement lights.
By TrailerTrash
#271273 it probably will if you dont fix whatever the problem is. check all the connections and wires
By slowj1
#271292 this happened to me cause they put the power wire on the case and not the light which meant whenever the case hit metal the wires would fry and the fuse melted but never popped. hope you figure it out.
By HungRealLow21
TrailerTrash wrote:it probably will if you dont fix whatever the problem is. check all the connections and wires

i hate wiring!!!! :eh: i can do it just to much of a hassle !!!

yea i hope so too slowj1 it was foggytoday to mad i couldnt use my fogs and im just waiting to see if the company will send me a replacement any body else got a center counsole for their eg tho?? i just bought one of ebay and out of all the egs ive owned ive never ever gotten one wit it so i tought it was preety cool haha :hehe:
By HungRealLow21
#272458 so i wired the fogs to the corners and voila!!!!
hahah check it out now they automatically turn on wit my corners and dont gotta worry about to switch!!!!

also i called the company and complayned and they are sending me a brand new kit!!!!
By Eg6H2D
By Eg6H2D
oses21 wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2657

Very Useful!!!!

Yea but putting it up wasn't the problem the problem was the shity cheap wiring
But got it taken care of :thumb:

:thumb: