Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95cpeEX
#270167 im actually unsure of where to post this question since there isnt an exhaust section...but i have a full cat back buddy club exhaust system, and a megan racing header.

it had good sound quality till i dropped the cat a few days ago to find out that it was plugged up with carbon build up.

im curious as to what are good inexpensive brands of high flow cats that still allow for a good sound.

i would like my sound to be a little bit deaper, but not as quiet as it was when i had my clogged cat, but also not as loud as it is with a hallowed out cat.

input would be greatly appriciated.
By blk92hb
#270169 gut the cat or get a megan racing cat, i hvae the megan racing cat and it will pass every time. but we dont do smog in MO so i would check first.
By 95cpeEX
#270170 well i did gut my cat, and my car got like 10x louder and im not liking it and i also dont have emissions where i live either.

how much does the megan high flow usually run?
By RWMIII
#270172 Carsound cat :thumb:
By 95cpeEX
#270176 where would i find a megan racing cat?

im looking on the megan racing website and all im finding is test pipes...
By 603 jdm
#270177 u could jsut get a magnaflow one also for about i think its 70 bucks? i heard people useing short glasspacks for cats too but idk how tht would sound?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#270206 just use a striaght pipe and get a resonator
By RWMIII
95cpeEX wrote:where would i find a megan racing cat?

im looking on the megan racing website and all im finding is test pipes...

that is all they sell. Idk why they call it a high flow cat, it is only a resonated test pipe.

u could jsut get a magnaflow one

Magnaflows are Carsound cats

The Megan pipe will not make your car any quieter. You would need to put a bigger resonator on your mid piping to quiet down the raspyness. Another factor in this would be whatever catback you are running as well.

And it doesnt matter if you have emmissions in your state or not, it is illegal to run without a cat in every state.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#270220 only of you get caught ^^b :?
By ohDirka
RWMIII wrote:And it doesnt matter if you have emmissions in your state or not, it is illegal to run without a cat in every state.

Your car will actually run better with a cat anyways. Honda engineers spent a lot of time designing the motors and they do require some back pressure and the cat is just part of the system. The only time you should take out your cat completely is when your running boost.
By RWMIII
D15kid wrote:
RWMIII wrote:And it doesnt matter if you have emmissions in your state or not, it is illegal to run without a cat in every state.

Your car will actually run better with a cat anyways. Honda engineers spent a lot of time designing the motors and they do require some back pressure and the cat is just part of the system. The only time you should take out your cat completely is when your running boost.

x2
By Eg6H2D
D15kid wrote:

Very very true!!!
By Eg6H2D