Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Tristanw10
#269032 I was wandering if anyone out there has ever took their coupe to an auto x event? if so do they perform well? I am really wanting to get into it, thanks in advance :thumb:
By Tristanw10
#269062 Thanks for the insight man, I checked out your build thread btw, where are you located in Ohio? I have a buddy that lives in Tiffin/Tiffen amd he has a nice boosted ek coupe
By Tristanw10
#269138 I have driven through there a couple of times, are there a lot of events in your area?
By Tristanw10
#269147 Well im not sure what all is available in my area but im gonna participate next season for sure, ill be moved to indianapolis by then, im sure there are lots of choices in indy. is auto x good for beginners? or is there a strict learning curve?
By JUICE
#269148 autox is all about suspension, braking, and tires. put money into those components on your car and you'll be golden. power and good gearing are just perks..
By JUICE
#269149 autox is all about suspension, braking, and tires. put money into those components on your car and you'll be golden. power and good gearing are just perks..
By rtegra92
#269151 life has a learning curve, i would say dont be intimidated or scared to run,
, go out there and race yourself, as you keep running find where you can take better lines and braking points, times will drop, try to become comfortable with your car first.
By Tristanw10
#269157 I cant wait to drop a few thousand bux into my car over the next 6 months or so, going to stick with lowering springs and some good struts instead of adjustable coil overs, prolly buy some front and rear strut bars and maybe a bolt in cage, im just as much about looks as i am performance, im not as concerned about winning as much as having fun, that is the point right?
By 603 jdm
#269172 from all the research i do (alot) i heard one piece coilovers like ff2's, k sports, and skunk 2 seem to be some great sets to think about or koni yellows with gc coilovers is almost a perfect setup when tuned right. another thing id reccomend is braces, like asr or beaks, front and rear sway bars, ES poly bushing master kit, h brace,traction bars.etc. tires im not to sure about havent really gotten into checkin them out. a big brake thing would be rear disk swap from 94-01 teggy or 99-00 civic si with the 60-40 prop valve i heard it drastically helps brakeing. ive thought about trying something like auto x but i dont think theres much of any auto x in my area sadly =/. goodluck with the coupe

P.S coupes ftw :thumb:
By rtegra92
#269187 poly bushings are a must, im going to be going back to gsr lcas with poly bushings, all the rubber ones tear out :thumbdown:

as for tires, kumho v710 are great , hankook z214s are even better , i am currently running the 214s

p.s. Hatches ftw :thumb: coupes ftl :P
By Tristanw10
#269191 I was reading some tips in the Solo 2 manual on scca and it suggested putting chalk on the tires in order to dial in your optimum tire pressure, are you guys fimiliar with this method? if so would you have any videos or photos explaining this in greater detail? im having a hard time grasping the concept, thanks in advance
By bks84
#269476 Also, keep in mind what class you wanna run. If I had it to do all over again I would have taken my car out when I first got it, all stock and on 14's and then progressed from there.

Read the rules very carefully, certain mods will change your class. Like engine swaps, rear sway bars, chassis stiffening/braces, wheels/tires, bigger brakes, rear disc conversion on a car that wasnt offered it as an option can/will change. I think if its a safety mod, like a harnesses, race seats or cages then it doesnt change your class.

Basically if the car didnt come with it from the factory and you have it on the car, it changes your class.

I run street modified FWD or SMF in the KC region. I think a stock Civic w/street tires would be C-class, if it has mods it might bump you to C Street Prepared or CSP, or if you're swapped (like I am) then you'd be in Street Mod.

Notice I said "I think" a lot in there? that's because Im confused by the rules everytime I read em :) and dont want you to take everything I say as fact, cuz it could very well not be.

But, none-the-less read the rules, understand them and go from there.

Lastly, dont be like me and get mad when you DNF for missing a gate or going off course. You're not racing for money :)