Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By teal_dx
#269482 I used to run STS before my z6 swap and turbo. I have not ran it since those mods but I'll be in SM class now I believe. I'll get my ass handed to me in that class but I'm in it for the fun of driving my car. I don't mind being the underdog in SM. I need to get it tuned so I can get back out there :thumb:
'
It doesn't matter if you have a coupe or hatch, sedan etc., you'll have fun and learn a lot about driving :woot:
By bks84
#269522 I dont think the Z6 swap would change your class since the cars were offered from the factory with them, the turbo however yes, most definitely would change your class :)
By Tristanw10
#269564 These are all very good tips guys, thanks a lot for the insight, all i have done right now is a b18b swap, lowering springs and gutted interior, is this a good starting point? or should i slap the rear seats back in?
By bks84
#269603 Honestly, gutting the interior wont net you anything. Probably wont make your times faster or any of that, what will make your times faster is having the driver mod.

Its easy to say "Im a good driver" but you wont know til you actually put yourself in the seat and behind the wheel.

Have fun!
By teal_dx
#269608 The right tires will make a world of difference. But I suggest you go with your street tires first to learn on and then upgrade the tires once you get some experience.
By Tristanw10
#269619 I am just in it for the fun really, the gutted interior is just something I like, i plan to color match my trunk and rear section in the same color as my bay. Does power steering give you any kind of advantage? cuz ive been thinking about converting mine back to PS, since the previous owner decided to swap out rack and pinion, lol