Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By sohcvtecricer
#268076 I just bought my first honda. its a eg coupe. i dont much care to go fast until i get it clean. im thinking white with a cf hood. kinda need help figuring out what to do with it. its slammed and im having trouble finding rims that would look okay. i want it to be something guys wouldnt expect a girl to drive.

also the guy i bought it from slapped the timing retarded.. its a d16z6 if its about to blow up any suggestions on a new motor?
By teal_dx
#268101 You could have the timing fixed by using a timing gun. If you know someone that has one, it only takes ~30 mins.
You should put some pics of the car in the YOUR RIDE section :thumb:
By cody27
#274488 as teal_dx said get a timing light they can be had for cheap and are pretty easy to figure out, as for rims i wouldnt go above 16", mind you i dont much care for rims which is why i still rock steelies but im also cheap and dont like to spend lots of money on cosmetics but IMO the wheel wells on EGs are too small for any thing above a 16
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:You could have the timing fixed by using a timing gun. If you know someone that has one, it only takes ~30 mins.
You should put some pics of the car in the YOUR RIDE section :thumb:

x2 we need pics.
By lunaticracer21
#274494 im old skool....so here it is slap some integra ls mesh wheels type r lip and some amber fogs and amber corner light and h.i.d head lights and cruz
By RWMIII
lunaticracer21 wrote:im old skool....so here it is slap some integra ls mesh wheels type r lip and some amber fogs and amber corner light and h.i.d head lights and cruz

and look like every other EG ricer out there. :lol:

The timing is an easy issue to fix, and an awesome opportunity to get to learn more about your car in the mechanical how-to sense. I agree with no rim larger than a 16" looking good on our cars. It takes some people longer than other to find that one wheel that they really like.

CF on white would look really good also :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#274525 Wheels - CRX sawblades
Timing - how to's are all over the web
Motor - d15B7 block / y8 head

Suggestions - ignore what others say.. Do what you think looks good. Keep it simple and clean. OEM+