Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Ecc0
#264187 I know I've brought this up before but am looking at doing this myself just wondering how others may go about this.

What I want to do is replace my complete roof with a CF one and also remove the sunroof and all it's mechanism, after a bit of thought I have come up with one idea to build a mould which is use the front end of a hatch that has no sunroof to get a complete flush mould.

My question is does anyone have any better idea on how to go about this and also wanted to make doubly sure that using the front part of a hatch roof will work for a coupé and then build up the back end using my own coupé
By eggman95
#264200 If you go onto ebay there's carbon roof skins w/o the sunroof. i'm sure you could build up the bottom with some fiberglass so it's strong enough for a roof then just mount and seal should be good to go!
By Chance
#264247 Why replace the whole roof? Thats a lot of work.. and for what? why not just get the skin and lay it on the roof? Just curious.....
By eggman95
#264260 I would think for the same reason as going with cf weight reduction.
By necropaulis
#264321 strong enough to support, but strong enough to handle the twist when you turn the car?? I would take out the sunroof, lay the fibre and leave it.
By Ecc0
eggman95 wrote:I would think for the same reason as going with cf weight reduction.

you got it my aim is to make my civic as light as possible so everything that can go is going.

I've seen cf roof caps on other cars and they have cut the old roof out leaving just a seam round the edge to attach the cap and not had any problems on track or road so feel should be fine for my coupe too