Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Erik_EJ1
#260423 I have a b16a3 in a eg coupe. i want to buy full exhaust for it, and i want all the pieces to be bolt-on. NOT WELDED
Now my question is, do i buy the civic si header with the integra catback exhaust? do i buy a test pipe? do i buy a regular exhaust kit for a 93 civic coupe? will the header bolt on to it, and will it be too long? i dont know what setup to get but the point is, is that i want everything bolt on i dont want anything welded on there. Thanks
By d-mon
#260444 header for em1 + any 2.25"-2.5" aftermarket exhaust will be plenty for a b16.
By Erik_EJ1
#260448 What I'm asking is, is that the coupe came with a d series originally. Obviously lol, but the d series header is shorter than the b series right? So do I just buy a em1 header and a regular civic exhaust kit? I'm worried about the lenght. I don't want my muffler sticking out
By blk92hb
#260461 you can use an exhaust system for your car the cat will be the same. the header or manifold that came with the motor will work you you want an up grade it can be for 94-01 teg, 94-97 delsol with dohc, and the 99-00 civic si.
By Erik_EJ1
#260535 isnt the b series header longer than the d series one? i dont think you get what im asking.
By Erik_EJ1
#260682 anybody? or post what exhaust setup youre running if you dont mind
By Erik_EJ1
#260906 so buy the Civic Si b16 header and buy a 92-95 civic Coupe exhaust and everything should bolt up?
By dbrooks
#260907 yes sir!
By Erik_EJ1
#260943 ok cool. one more question, do i need a flex pipe on there?
By d16z6boy93
#261056 whats a good exhaust system that doesnt make the car sound ricey???
By OmarG
#261092 Erik. You don't need a flex pipe. I have the a stock 4-1 JDM ITR header with a T1-R cat, and a skunk2 exhaust. All you should have to buy is a header and a catback.

As for a nice, quiet exhaust? Either the Apexi WS2 or a Mugen Twinloop. My exhaust is obnoxiously loud, but unlike most ricers, I have the balls to back it up.