Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By hazetuk
#259676 well i did the y8 mini swap rewired everything got a new fusable link for my fuse box since that was my problem the last time wen it shut down im not shur if it was because i didnt change the cpu i had it for a d16y7 but i got the y8 cpu if im not mistaken but i feel like sumthing might not go good but i hope for the best ima check the dizzy to see if everything is right internaly but also i need new wires for the dizzyto go to the head for the spark plugs
By d-mon
#259696 what car is this in?
y7 and y8 'cpu's are obd2
By hazetuk
#259700 95 eg coupe its a d16y7 thats what it says on the block n the guy i bought the y8 head said it was the cpu for the y8 so idk but it still wont start
By teal_dx
#259708 What is the code on the ECU? maybe it is running an obd1 P28 instead. converting an OBD1 car to run an OBD2 ecu = too much work.

double check your firing order while you're at it.

By hazetuk
#259710 how do you know if its a obd2 or obd1 harness or cpu im not home but i will wen i get home but i have that fireing order and its like it wants to but dosnt have enough strenght to turn over all the way
By d-mon
#259736 look at injector clips or iat connector.
also obd2 civic harness goes through firewall and connect directly to ecu.
however, obd2 del sol and integra harnesses connect at the shock tower like obd1 civic harness so it can be confusing.
By hazetuk
#259795 well thats were my harnes conects at but the suspension tower n i havent changed the ecu but what i did do since the injectors didnt fit like the plug electrical ididnt fit i did the crimps wat u use to connect speaker wire or extende wire harnesses n stuck it in there (thats what she said) :weee: na but i mean it seamed to fit but im still not shurwhat it could be