Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By d16z6boy93
#263154 lol finding a shop has been a little tricky i live out in the boonies. after i bore it out wouldnt i want to put sleeves in it?
By EJ1_MK
#263207 Depends on how much you bore it over, if your were going to build it I would get a sleeve guard or block guard it goes around the cylinders looks like this:

http://www.honda-performance.com/images/b16-block-guards.jpg

Now most V8 machine shops should have all the tools to work on your motor, but they might have to buy some and that can be tricky, this might come down to you paying for the tool but never getting it or they would just say no cause they would not have the use for the 1k tool to be used. But I would bet there is a shop somewhere in your area that has everything.

Do you have a local import speed shop that you can go to and ask where they might have their machine work done or go to a local Honda dealer and see if they might have a machine shop they use for decking heads and what not.
By poorman type-r
#263282 Block Guard= :thumbdown:

Cold spots can cause the cylinder/s to crack which equals a nightmare.
By EJ1_MK
#263290 This is true but at the same time depends where he goes with the motor, to full sleeve a d series it would be more money than its worth.

By no means does it really need it if he goes all motor and does not have to hone out the cylinders to much.

If it were me I would take the head off build it and deck it so that the compression comes up as long as the bottom end doesn't look to bad. save some money and time on machine work in the block. That and if the block doesn't have a ton of miles on it. At the same time I would go crazy and say screw it and bore it over to a 1.7l and put 11.5:1 compression pistons in it and then deck the head and the block to put the compression at 12:1 + and build the head full out with everything that you could find.