Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By d16z6boy93
#258483 im wondering if its better to go with a stage 1 or oem clutch i dont do tooo much beating on her but she is my daily driver...suggestions?
By forcefedEG
#258498 A good stage one should serve you just fine :thumb:
By d16z6boy93
#258547 iv been looking at some of the stage 1 on ebay but have read some bad reviews about them i dont have close to $400 for a clutch kit whats a good brand?!!
By chrono404
#258549 XTD Makes good clutches for D Series. The Stage 1 and 2 B Series are also pretty good.

I have a Stage 1 Clutch in my D16z6 Powered Daily driver sedan. Its awesome and I love the clutch. Its very drivable and have no problem at all daily driving it. It doesn't mush out like OEM clutchs do. Even in a Daily driver i wouldn't go to an OEM agian after this Stage 1.

After driving my sedan with its Stage 1 clutch and getting in my buddys Sedan(ZC nonvtec + DX Tranny Sedan) with an OEM Clutch its much more mushy and isn't near as much fun to drive. It almost feals like driving a Grandma car after my Sedan.

I have a Stage 2 Clutch in my B20b/b16 Tranny Delsol. Its more aggresive then the stage 1. When shifting quickly even from 4th to 5th I can get tire chirp on the freeway. It can be daily driven once you get use to it, however I wouldn't recommend this for a Daily Driver. Next time I split the engine and transmission I will swapping this out for an XTD or ACT Stage 1 Clutch.

A Friend of mine has had a few F1 Racing clutchs(in multiple cars) and says nothing but good things about them. I drove on them a few times and they felt pretty good. I wouldn't mind putting one in my cars in the future.
By d16z6boy93
#258554 yeah nothing too serious daily driver for now... :hehe: thanks for info into helpin me deside with what i want to do. ill deff try to get a photo of the project up soon
By OmarG
#260252 I have a stage 2 exedy clutch in my B18c. When I first got it I was used to my stock D series, so EVERYTIME I let of the clutch and gave it any gas, I would chirp tires. I must have looked like a tool for the first day of driving it. haha. Now that I'm used to it, I HATE the stock feel. I drove my brother's civic for about a week, and his pedal was mush. With my stage 2 clutch, the pedal is nice and stiff. It's not HARD, it's juuuuust right. Once you get used to the Staged clutches, you can learn to match the revs for a smoother, stock-like shift. I love it because it's not TOO jaw shattering when I shift, but it will GRIP when you thrash it. Chirping tires going into 3rd gear. lol.
By d-mon
#260312 i like the f1 $99 ebay stage 1 clutch.
held to 165hp for me.
the pressure plate has a soft pedal, won't kill your stock clutch M/C.
after 7k, looked like new.
Last edited by d-mon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By d16z6boy93
#260685 alright just got it in the mail yesterday XTD stage 2 & flywheel kit. hopefully have it in by mid next week.
By OmarG
#260729 Very cool man, let us know how you like it. What weight is the flywheel?
By d16z6boy93
#261198 the flywheel is 7.5 lbs hasnt been put into the car yet!! sooon tho!!! :hehe:
By 1ACarlos
#261238 You should try to get something from Exedy.
By d16z6boy93
#261310 at close to double the cost ill see if il shoot myself in the foot with this one
By d16z6boy93
#263261 okay clutch is going in car tomorrow how do i break it in?! :? i heard goin slow shifting at 2k every time basicaly baby the crap out of it?