Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By hazetuk
#257453 well racing the other day my car turns off okay still rolling i am able to turn it bak on well battery dies out start it back up runing back to the house light go dim but brithen every now and then well i turn off my lights and car drives a little faster i thought it was the alternator nope it was good also the battery and my starter well now it wont turn on i was at a stop light wen going to race everything shuts off i mean every thing no lights just emergancy well had to push the car turned the key n not even the dashboard lights came on i need seriouse help a.s.a.p :? :? :? i cheked my fuses i have the alternator checked battery and starter and they are all good wat could this be plzz help should i fix it or just sell the car i love it dont get me wrong but i hate it at the moment
its primer slamed on gsr blades stock all around with jdm coner lights d16y7 with mini me swap 1.6 sochc vtec its loud but not ricer loud deep pitch beautifull n fast
By teal_dx
hazetuk wrote:well racing the other day my car turns off okay still rolling i am able to turn it bak on well battery dies out start it back up runing back to the house light go dim but brithen every now and then well i turn off my lights and car drives a little faster i thought it was the alternator nope it was good also the battery and my starter well now it wont turn on i was at a stop light wen going to race everything shuts off i mean every thing no lights just emergancy well had to push the car turned the key n not even the dashboard lights came on i need seriouse help a.s.a.p :? :? :? i cheked my fuses i have the alternator checked battery and starter and they are all good wat could this be plzz help should i fix it or just sell the car i love it dont get me wrong but i hate it at the moment
its primer slamed on gsr blades stock all around with jdm coner lights d16y7 with mini me swap 1.6 sochc vtec its loud but not ricer loud deep pitch beautifull n fast

that was painful to read.... sounds like you have a short in your wiring. Time to start checking any wiring that you have ever worked on or modified on the car first, since this isn;t a normal problem on these cars. Pay close attention to battery, alternator, starter wires, make sure all connections are good and that your grounds are good too. It's probably something as simple as one wire or connection, just gotta find it. :thumb:
By hazetuk
#257459 dam dude tell me bout it bro it was painfull for me to stand there will i looked at my car and waved at others wille they just passed me up man shit sucks ass bro really n well the negative ground to the battery is on the tranny grounded idk wt else to look for because i got the car with the wire harness already there but looking at it my vtec isnt even connecte and the wire harness looks to be from a non vtec so how much is it to just get a new wire harness and wire tuck it thru my fenders cuz this guy straight did a mickey mouse job on the wire tuck i hate it idk if i should sell theres a guy selling a 89 ef hatch back with a ek front end with a fully built poorsman built type r this is wat he has on hit post

"
ENGINE

LS/VTEC SWAP with rebuilt bottom end, ARP rod bolts, shot pinged rods, b16 pistons, ARP head bolts, rebuilt GSR head, Golden Eagle 2layer head gasket, header, highflow cat, full catback exhaust,and b16 cable transmission.

SUSPENSION

Stock shocks, ebay adjustable springs, adjustable front and rear camber control arms, adjustable toe, riding on fat fives.

Has full interior, driver seat is a 3A racing seat with spoon seat belt, eg instrument cluster.

BADS

Needs tires, painted white primer, and grille"" and only asking 2k"
:woot: :thumb:
By teal_dx
#257503 a uncut used engine harness usually goes for $75. But since you got the car that way, it sounds like you bought somebody's hack job. :(

There should be a ground on the valve cover, transmission, and thermostat housing. But his sounds like more of a short or a bad connection, so I'd start checking them one at a time. It sucks when people hack something together and then sell it!
By hazetuk
#257520 well just found a wire harness for 30 bucks its cut at the fuleinjectors and a short shifter for 15 bucks not bad this wire harnes is for vtec might as well slapp this 1 on and reground everything right
By teal_dx
#257534 If that's even the problem... I'd check your current wiring 1st before buying another. There are only 3 wires needed to run from the head for vtec: two to the ecu and one ground. The problem here sounds like more of a short or poor connection mentioned in my 1st post. I'd hunt that problem down first :thumb:
By hazetuk
#258165 well i just did a y8 swap still in progress well im just going to get a obd2 harness and change both fuse boxes buddy told me that happened to him n was the fuse boxes i mean 20 bucks fuse boxes junk yard not bad n the harness guy never cam thru with it but got sum 1 askin 100 for 1 so still not bad