Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By BIG JAY
#254497 okay so i just bought this car and wor its being rediculas. so first of the way i bought it not running the guy said it needed head gaskit and heater core. i just didn the heater core and the car starts when cold with a sputtering and after mins it will stall out when it warms up and the revs go down if i rapidly press the gas it will come back and then stall as soon as i let off.
okay thats one problem then when i start it up and it idles bad i tryed to move it it has no power and doesnt really speed up unless i throttle on throttle of throttle on and so on it will jerk and pick up speed this is a project car / gas saver so i dont make lots of work just dont wanna spend to much.
its also is missing the cat and muffler so it goes down pipe 6 inch gap straigh pipe till the muffler bolt on and then no muffler could this be the problem?
lastly the big shocker i got the car for 200 bucks and i have new rocker that were never installed on an other car and they fit this so the body is taken car of.an y insight in to aany of this would be amazing .

i have had a 95 civic hatch and an 94 acura integra so i am famillar with the workings of the car but not a pro by any means. and i have better knowlege on cars then some people so i can handle most of the problems i for see.
By 94EJ2
#254532 sounds like a tps or map sensor

is your check engine light on
if so check out this diy to pull the code for the check engine light and it will tell you what the problem is
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558
By BIG JAY
#254606 nope no engine light at all and yeah the bulb is in and good so i dont get it