Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By AMES1221
#254291 i just bought my second ej1 a 95 with a gsr swap
theres a leak that is allowing water into the passenger side by the ecu
i ran some water on that area of the car to track the water
i believe its coming in through the bottom corner of the windshield, running running behind the dash down the corner and soaking up the rug
also the plate at the bottom of the windshield which has seven plugs is missing one on the passenger side could the water be getting in there?
any ideas on how to stop it
im gona tape that hole where the plug is missing and see if water still gets in

all help appreciated thanks
By mooze
#254345 replace the parts missing
By AMES1221
#254394 thanks for the reply
yeah im gonna do that and hopefully that resolves it
will post an update
By slowj1
#254402 my car is missing the same plug but it doesnt leak. Sounds to me that the windshield needs to be resealed.
By 95c1v1c
#254569 I think there is a sunroof drain hose by the Ecu that is probably disconnected. Those plastic plugs don't seal out water.
By chewse
#254604 I have a similar problem....the issue is that some heavy rusting occurs under the plastic piece u spoke of especially if your drains are clogged...and the rust seems to be more sever near the A.C intake vent( which allows outside air to enter the cabin). So it could be that with all the rust a hole has developed.....So your best bet would be to remove the plastic piece u spoke of and see how much rust u have and clear your drains ( the drains are obvious u can't miss them there's one at each end and looks like a hole that goes into the fender)...after u've cleaned the area if u notice any holes u can patch dem up with your product of choice( I recommend welding) and your good to go....in some cases u mite have to remove your dash and do d patch work from the inside.....don't worry about the missing plug its purpuse is just to hold down the plastic thing( winshield wiper cowl)......Based on my experience this is the most likely cause of your leak.
By hazetuk
#254780 i had the same issue but my problem my car started over heating cuz it has a leak in my lower hose um it would smoke in side my carpet would stay wet with antifreeze shit wat i had to do was by pass the heater core hoses to the engine instead of runing it to the heater core unit in the fire wall idk if this is help but it worked for me um u can chek that out
By AMES1221
95c1v1c wrote:I think there is a sunroof drain hose by the Ecu that is probably disconnected. Those plastic plugs don't seal out water.

thanks for the info im gona check that drain out now

chewse wrote:I have a similar problem....the issue is that some heavy rusting occurs under the plastic piece u spoke of especially if your drains are clogged...and the rust seems to be more sever near the A.C intake vent( which allows outside air to enter the cabin). So it could be that with all the rust a hole has developed.....So your best bet would be to remove the plastic piece u spoke of and see how much rust u have and clear your drains ( the drains are obvious u can't miss them there's one at each end and looks like a hole that goes into the fender)...after u've cleaned the area if u notice any holes u can patch dem up with your product of choice( I recommend welding) and your good to go....in some cases u mite have to remove your dash and do d patch work from the inside.....don't worry about the missing plug its purpuse is just to hold down the plastic thing( winshield wiper cowl)......Based on my experience this is the most likely cause of your leak.

thanks for the help gona clean out the drains and check for any holes due to rust i dont think there should be any but will check any ways.

i taped over the missing plug and put a tshirt over that corner of the windshield wiper cowl. washed my car and no water got in to the cabin so its definitely coming from there

thanks for the help

hazetuk wrote:i had the same issue but my problem my car started over heating cuz it has a leak in my lower hose um it would smoke in side my carpet would stay wet with antifreeze shit wat i had to do was by pass the heater core hoses to the engine instead of runing it to the heater core unit in the fire wall idk if this is help but it worked for me um u can chek that out

my cars not over heating so its definitely not that but thanks for the input and glad to hear u got ur problem figured out
By chewse
#255064 Now that it seems u have found the problem wat u can do is to pour some water down that corner and see if it leaks another thing I observed is that if u have a.c the leak seems to be heavier when u have the vent bringing in outside air compared to recirculate.....so u can have s friend pour water down that corner and and switch between the outside air and recirculate modes to see if anything happens
By hazetuk
hazetuk wrote:i had the same issue but my problem my car started over heating cuz it has a leak in my lower hose um it would smoke in side my carpet would stay wet with antifreeze shit wat i had to do was by pass the heater core hoses to the engine instead of runing it to the heater core unit in the fire wall idk if this is help but it worked for me um u can chek that out

my cars not over heating so its definitely not that but thanks for the input and glad to hear u got ur problem figured out[/quote]

well yea got the problem fixed just my carpet is still wet as hell :lol: (thats wat she said ) :thumb: :D but yea bro no problem bro
eg's n single cams all the way bro hahaha
By AMES1221
chewse wrote:Now that it seems u have found the problem wat u can do is to pour some water down that corner and see if it leaks another thing I observed is that if u have a.c the leak seems to be heavier when u have the vent bringing in outside air compared to recirculate.....so u can have s friend pour water down that corner and and switch between the outside air and recirculate modes to see if anything happens

turns out it was this it only leaks when u take it out of recirculate mode and put it to bring in outside air
By chewse
#262472 Hey did u notice the honda bulletin I posted somewhere on the forum concerning this leak....anyhow mines leaks either way but the leak is heavier when its set to bring in outside air...I'm just waiting for my body man to return to the island so we can take of this so I'll let u know how it goes
By chewse
#262738 I finally decided to track down my leak after much speculation ...while it was raining I removed my glove box and looked around and saw that water was only comin in only through the a.c vent which brings in the outside air...the water was coming in even though it was set to recirc... The water dripped directly into the vent because there was some rust an a lil hole had formed in the area just beneath the windshield which is also above the vent so I simply covered the vent openin with a piece of plastic and used some duct tape to hold it in... So if u don't really use the "outside air" function this would work also while u're at it u can use a vacuum to clean the blower fan thru the vent( mine had all sorts of debris leaves, etc) and spray a little scented disinfectant down there its gonna make your a.c smell really good but don't over do it . Here's wat it looked like
By EJ1 FEEN
#264545 yuppp yupp it happens