Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rcdel239
#252500 hey guys just looking to see if i can find an answer to a problem i cant seem to get out of.
ill start with how it all started. im driving and as im shifting my car doesnt give rotation to my front tires. i would release the clutch on gear and it wouldnt stall so i though axel gone wrong. so i change the left axel which is the one that came out and saw that the oil seal was f_ed up so i changed it. also changed the boot kit which held the cv joint in place with its clamp. the axel itself looked fine so i put it back in. it ran for a day or two and then axel out again. i buy a stock axel and the cv joint point appeared to be smaller. so i just got an accord joint which looked really alike to the one i had on first. again ran for a day or two and again axel out. i dont know what to do anymore. help me out guys i really appreciate it
By Eg6H2D
#252502 Lol. it would really help if you told us what motor and trans you are running in your Coupe... ??

:thumb:
By rcdel239
#252647 oh damn im sorry im just fraustrated with this.
stock d16z6 and no clue on what tranny
By Eg6H2D
#252671 If your axle keeps popping out then they are too short. now when you installed them did you make sure to stretch it a bit until they clicked into the transmission or just put them on and said hey they are in lets go.. if they are coming off while your turning, your ball joint must be worn or something is bent allowing too much movement for them to just pop off..
By hambone089
EG6b20R wrote:If your axle keeps popping out then they are too short. now when you installed them did you make sure to stretch it a bit until they clicked into the transmission or just put them on and said hey they are in lets go.. if they are coming off while your turning, your ball joint must be worn or something is bent allowing too much movement for them to just pop off..

yeah, its real easy to think your axles in all the way. i usually hammer on them with a dead blow hammer (that way it doesnt get effed up) until they actually pop into the tranny.
By hambone089
#252675 oh, i forgot to mention this before. if you removed both axles at once at any point in time, the gear they mount into could have fallen out of place. i dont think thats your case since you said you only took off one, but its something to be wary of. maybe shine a flashlight in there and make sure you can see the gear.
By rcdel239
#252701 well thing is i looked at the axles i bought which are suppose to be stock axles and the end of the joint that hooks to the tranny wasnt the same size as the ones that were on. so my best guess is i dont have stock tranny.
one of my buddies sold me a tranny for a y8 and the other axle i need. so hopefully with changing the whole thing i should be good.
thanks for the suggestions guys. nice to always learn something new everyday
By hambone089
#252732 that sounds like a good solution, better safe than not knowing what the hells in your car. good luck with the tranny swap :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
rcdel239 wrote:well thing is i looked at the axles i bought which are suppose to be stock axles and the end of the joint that hooks to the tranny wasnt the same size as the ones that were on. so my best guess is i dont have stock tranny.
one of my buddies sold me a tranny for a y8 and the other axle i need. so hopefully with changing the whole thing i should be good.
thanks for the suggestions guys. nice to always learn something new everyday

:thumb:
By rcdel239
#252838 Aren't we lucky to have this forum