Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By dh_guitarist
#252133 Okay, so I have a 94 Honda Civic ex... I just installed a jdm d16a vtec last summer in it. I am new to this. I am used to rebuilding older trucks and cars but I have always wanted to fix this civic up... I just do not know where to start besides the fact that I want to change from an auto to a manual... should I get a different motor or is the d16 vtec good enough to put some money into? If so where do I start? If not, what should I look into getting? So basically I need some help with direction... Not sure where to go
By EG9-ish
#252139 What kind of power goals are you wanting? How much money do you want to spend?

You could stay with the D series setup, or go B series, but I really can't give you advice until you know what you are aiming for power/money wise.
By dh_guitarist
#252140 I will probably keep the d16 for a while just because its new... but shouldn't the parts from the d series swap to the b series if I switch later?
By teal_dx
#252147 before the JDM police come in here... :lol:
you posted this in the Coupe section but put EG in the thread title.
EG is a hatch while the coupe chassis code is EJ :wink:

And D and B parts aren't compatible.
Putting money into a D16 in terms of bolt ons won't be the best HP to dollar ratio. The D's respond well to boost but you could have swapped a B series for the cost it will take to build a naturally aspirated D series.

I'd say read around on this forum in the D series section and see what some of the other members have done. :thumb:
By dh_guitarist
#252150 hey thanks! it isn't a hatchback... I asked on another forum and was told that the eg includes the coupe, so thank you for the heads up... This is a coupe, not a hatchback. So are you saying that it would be better/cheaper to just do another swap for the b series? Tigerjapanese has package sales that I could buy a b16 w/ manual tranny but I don't really know any other site that I could find another engine and trans...
By EG9-ish
#252158 www.hmotorsonline.com

Lots will back HMO up. I've built my car through these guys, literally. lol
By dh_guitarist
#252266 Well I am buying a body kit from craigslist this friday, and I just want the engine to be able to back up the looks. I love my honda, it has been a great car for me the past year and I am ready to put some money into it. I am trying to find a reasonably priced standard transmission to swap but if I should just replace the d series with a b then I should wait on the trans right?
By Gustavo
dh_guitarist wrote:Well I am buying a body kit from craigslist this friday, and I just want the engine to be able to back up the looks. I love my honda, it has been a great car for me the past year and I am ready to put some money into it. I am trying to find a reasonably priced standard transmission to swap but if I should just replace the d series with a b then I should wait on the trans right?

Body kit. :thumbdown:
By {ikon}EM1
Gustavo wrote:
dh_guitarist wrote:Well I am buying a body kit from craigslist this friday, and I just want the engine to be able to back up the looks. I love my honda, it has been a great car for me the past year and I am ready to put some money into it. I am trying to find a reasonably priced standard transmission to swap but if I should just replace the d series with a b then I should wait on the trans right?

Body kit. :thumbdown:

X2 if anything get a front lip ,stock side skirts (like ek skirts), and a rear lip...
:thumb:
By OleFolk
#252275 I vote no on body kit as well
I also vote no on tigerJapanese
Get a motor from http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/index.html
Or hmotors

STOCK
D15B or D16z6 you might just have 100 - 110 whp
B18c you will have 150 - 170 whp

It depends on what you want out of your car
Daily driver, track, drag...
If your goin for a daily driver I recommend a D series

Edit: What older trucks have you built?
By mooze
#252365 get a H series..... www.jdm-online.com is where i always buy my block from..always exactly what the show me before i buy
By dh_guitarist
#252435 I have built 2 79 ford classic customs(truck), a 64 falcon(car), 85 mustang... Why so many no's on the body kit? I think I have decided to swap to the b series because it will be a daily driver but I want more hp. and why no to tigerjapanese? it is where I bought my current engine and I was very pleased.[/img]
By 603 jdm
#252537 lip kits make the civic look way better and body kits are kinda ricerish. i mean, if its what u prefer then do it up. i dont know what ur planning on spending for the b series but if u got a good chunk of change id choose the b16a1 or b18c5 8) unless u wanna go ls b18a which are probably the cheapest of the b's as far as ive seen.
By Gustavo
#252543 Body kits=Ricer!!! :thumbdown: N wat b series swap u goin with?