Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By nateski
#251323 want to fix your window seal that looks like this:

SIMPLE! but sorry no pics to give you a visual of what your supposed to be doing haha. Im also not liable from any damaging that occurs to your car because when i did mine, it came out perfectly fine. :)
1. remove door panel and side view mirror
2. roll your window all the way down
3. remove the window seal from the corner (your not removing the window seal entirely)
4. spray the inside of the seal with some kinda oil or lubricant
5. slide window seal to your liking (up or down)
6. put your window seal back onto your door, make sure it sits snug into the door & your window can roll up and down without issues
7. YOUR DONE well aside from putting your door panel & mirror back on.
Last edited by nateski on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Eg6H2D
#251649 Do you have anew one to put in there.. I would Say Door panel and mirror..
By Gustavo
#251651 :lol: mine is the same way.
By nateski
EG6b20R wrote:Do you have anew one to put in there.. I would Say Door panel and mirror..

negative on a new one, guessing I'm gonna have to get one?
By nateski
Gustavo wrote::lol: mine is the same way.

do you know what causes this madness?? haha
By berg89
#251892 Take the window out and also the door panel off. Then slide the rubber seal down the track its on.
By nateski
berg89 wrote:Take the window out and also the door panel off. Then slide the rubber seal down the track its on.

actually i figured out how to do it today, pretty simple. haha thanks though
By nateski
#253370 Does the window seal off the drivers side front doors from hatches or sedans fit on the coupe? if no idea, what about the doors itself because if the doors fit I'm pretty sure the window seals are gonna fit as well.
By SL93ex
nateski wrote:Does the window seal off the drivers side front doors from hatches or sedans fit on the coupe? if no idea, what about the doors itself because if the doors fit I'm pretty sure the window seals are gonna fit as well.

The hatch rubber will fit the coupe, but the sedan does not.
Same for the doors. Coupe/hatch doors are longer than sedans.

Having said that, I did use sedan seals to repair my coupe. The vertical sections on my coupe were ripped to hell, so I cut new pieces I got from a sedan and used 3M Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive to join them together. Very sharp scissors and careful measuring and they're almost as good as new (or at least a helluva lot better than they were).
I've had the "fix" on my driver door for a couple months with no problems and I did the passenger door today.
If you do a fix/replace be sure to get your window squared away in the frame and lube the new rubber channels. I use silicone spray every couple months to keep them moving nicely.