Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jrhdominos
#244501 Okay..a friend of mine just wrecked his hatchback, and is willing to sell me his car so i can use the parts on my car. The best asset of his hatch being a rebuilt b18c1 with a b16 tranny. It has an ass of usable parts, rims, rear disc brakes, Corbeau seats, quick disconnect, thats just naming a few... a few parts can be sold here and there on the body. Lots of stuff can be sold from the car that I dont need. He wants 2,500. What do yall think????
By jrhdominos
#244513 It sounded like a bit to too much for me too...but then I got to thinking..GSR swaps go easy for 2000-2500. Then hes got blades with good tires on them. Thats 300-400 easy. The seats are another 300-400. I can see the costs of buying these parts individually adding up, so 2500 seems like a decent buy, i guess.
By HAFIL0_EG
chilango41 wrote:I think $2,500 it's too much.

i agree a lil on the steep side and also if ur mate is sellin it to u to part out 2k-2.5k is what u'd price to random buyers. mates rates would be 1.5k-2k depending on cond of ride, jus my opinion tho
By bserius
#250011 not to bad of deal if u can get alot of use out of stuff or flip some parts to make some cash
By poorman type-r
#250031 If you think about it though GSR swaps are 2,500 with only 50k miles on them with a guaranteed start, blades are 200-300 but not if they have curb rash on them (not saying they do).

People these days sell there shit from a sentimental value instead of a realistic value.

But the question you need to ask yourself if it is worth it to you, if you can use some parts that you want and you can reimburse yourself a bit by selling some parts then sounds like a good deal to me, just don't want you to kick yourself in the ass later about it thats all.

Good Luck :thumb:
By hazetuk
#254782 see thats were the business side comes out u need to have money in hand if he asked u 2500 tkae 2k and offer him 1500 cash on the spot it dont matter how much everything else cost he selling the car not theparts the car dont run so u have to get a trailer n tow it bak then u need too see if the parts are worth it cuz how bad was the crash sum times they aint worth it but if it was a minor wreck then he dont want 1500 offer 1800 but 25 is way to much bro but hey b18c1 are good ass engines n good luk if u get it n hope the best bro :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#254788 More like $1700 at most
By hazetuk
1ACarlos wrote:More like $1700 at most

well see there u goo bro u got it if u got cash in hand like they say money talks bro u feel me
By coupevti
#256754 2500 is way 2 much for a damaged car 1500 max ive just bought a 98 mb6 vti civic with the b18c4 engine and lsd for 800 pounds works out about 1280$ and she aint damaged!!. but over here cars are cheaper theres a guy in my town selling an jdm ek9 type r with the b16b for 3500 pounds and ep3 type r's are cheap as well start around 2500 pounds.
By RSuave
#256757 Too much when it all comes down to it just think is a wrecked car with roughly 170 hp with some upgrades worth $2,500?
By ej1civic coupe
#257960 basically like every one else said, to much, knock him down alittle bit for sure

The car is wrecked, not like you can drive it around unless your acually putting the money into fixing it..If you got another car then buy under him for like 1500, Then swap every thing over to yours

2500$ sounds like your basically paying for the motor witch wouldnt be to bad of a deal if it wasnt beat on, you can get them with low ass miles though off hmotors so its all up to you on what you wanna do..a GSR swap in a coupe sure does work and gets the job done, i/h/e and a cams set up,bigger injectors and mild pnp and the right tuner will get you in the 200+whp with no problem at all

It all depends on how your looking at, seems like theres alotta parts to part with and alotta parts to part out, you can make some of your money back and you can also have a handful of goodies to put on prior car

Id do it but not for that much..

Good luck