Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By crazy-88
EJ1_MK wrote:That seems like a long time, I just pulled a motor threw the bottom of a members car in like an 1 hr and half. and he still rocks a/c and P/s. I did mine in less than an hr. The trick is to not remove anything that is not needed like the wiring harness or dizzy or Intake manifold. air hammer the pin out of the shift linkage and then knock it the rest of the way out. Just don't loose it.

The most common thing is that people try to take off more than they need to when you can do that after it out of the car. Makes it a ton easier. same way going back in

good to know now. this was my first civic. I had no clue where to begin. but it's out, now time to degrease this mess.
By EJ1_MK
#308676 That is cool if you need any info feel free to pm me I have done this too many times to count and could break it down step by step to make it easier if you needed.
By crazy-88
EJ1_MK wrote:That is cool if you need any info feel free to pm me I have done this too many times to count and could break it down step by step to make it easier if you needed.

thnx a lot man. I will deff need help when assembly time comes.
By crazy-88
#308834 does anyone know where the small hose on the left goes connected to?
it was just capped off when I got the car.
By EJ1_MK
crazy-88 wrote:does anyone know where the small hose on the left goes connected to?
it was just capped off when I got the car.

Those are both coolant hoses that loop into the intake manifold or the thermostat depends on which way it goes back on I will try to take a pic of the back of one of two z6s that are on engine stands in my garage when I get home in the morning and I can tell you exactly where they go.
By crazy-88
#308922 the one I'm talking about is on the left, and it is closest to the water pump. it is just plugged off.

the shorter line goes under the throttle body.