Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By civic_vtec_94
#234878 if theres any one out there that has done this i am wondering what all it will take for me to do a h22a swap in a 94 civic ex coupe i have the d16z6 in it now but i dont realy know what all the 1.6 is capable of if theres any one with tips reply to this...
By civic_vtec_94
#234886 wanting ideas on what to do with the d16z6. if anybody has any ideas on what to do post them!
By bk_civiceg
#234900 You could just use a set of PM7/P29 pistons from the ZC/A1 motor. They will bump your compression up a lot! Then a set of cams and you're good!
By civic_vtec_94
#234901 yea thats a thought but is there a lot if any thing i could do to bump up the horses of a d16z6?
By mooze
#234944 the swap is really not hard....imho that write up makes it a lil more complicated than it really is
By civic_vtec_94
#235021 yea it kinda seemed to be making it harder than it had to be..
By EG {FIVE-500}
#235037 i was looking into this last night imo its more expensive than hard. over here in england ur lookin at the best part of 5-6000 pound to complete the swap with decent parts and a low milege engine.

i say if you want that engine then do the swap. just give ur self time and dont rush as u could end up kickin urself speakin from personal experiance i done a project 2 years ago and tried completing it in 1 month and it ended up in ruins lol so now im redoing it :thumb: its taking me a year and a half and only half way through but the results are so much more satisfying lol
By civic_vtec_94
#235059 well i realy appriciate the advice ive had some trouble in the past also rushing car prjects but its nice to talk to some one who has done the same thing im wanting to do its kool to get handy little tips like that so thanks.. :D
By mooze
#235139 ive gotten the swap done in 2 nights (not alone of course) but its not as time consuming and difficult as some make it 2 b if you have knowledge of swaps.....
By civic_vtec_94
#235192 yea this would be my first and im not sure on how to go about it or where to start.. :D
By B00ster
#241627 All the beginning is hard, especialy when you never did it before.
Bud once you begin, it shows it self. Just 1 tip, don't buy that cheap ebay crap for axles and mounts. That money is spoiled. Buy innovative or hasports than you're halfway.
By Eg6H2D
B00ster wrote:All the beginning is hard, especialy when you never did it before.
Bud once you begin, it shows it self. Just 1 tip, don't buy that cheap ebay crap for axles and mounts. That money is spoiled. Buy innovative or hasports than you're halfway.

^^ Agrreeeed!!! Innovative FTW!!

:thumb:
By poorman type-r
#244092 Also after you swap it in or even before invest in a h2b kit. A guy I know ran 12's with his h22 with h2b (type-r tranny), intake, headers and exhaust in his dd hatch.