Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jdm_Freak
#228078 I recently did a swap in a 93 coupe, Swapped a z6 with a z6 because of a blown bottom end. Anyways when i try and turn the key to start it i get a weird click from the drivers side..

any help will be welcome
By teal_dx
#228080 clicking sounds like the battery could be about dead, try hooking up to a running car w/ jumper cables and give it a try.

Unless it is just one click and then nothing else, that sounds like a dead spot in your starter. Try taping it w/ a hammer and see if it starts. If so, you can do the hammer trick for a little while until it dies completely. This is because there are 4 contacts around the starter that wear down and one or two may be completely worn. Tapping can help it turn a little so that one of the good contacts is able to connect.
By civic_vtec_94
#234918 check all your silonoides and fuses and make sure you dont have a bad starter or wired it up wrong ive done that before and its done the same thing your talkin about... :thumb:
By 94EJ2
#236994 my z6 swapped ef was doing that today all i did was tightened the battery connections
By PaPaSmURf
#237422 Thanks had to replace battery .
By ghskid06
#237423 Clicking no starts are almost always going to be low amps.