Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By PaPaSmURf
#225856 bought a 1994 civic trying to make a fast automatic out of it . it has a full cat back exhaust and headers, also an AEM DryAir intake, just the bolt ons. i was thinking which cams and injectors should i go with ? and also adjustable cam gears which one would you recommend ? I want all motor done .
Thank you Guys !!!
By Eg6H2D
#225861 the type of motor it has would help!!! :thumb:
By chrono404
#225868 If you have a USDM Civic Coupe, and given your from NY, I figure you do you have 2 engine options in your car.

If you have a DX, Besides not having a Sunroof or option for ABS or rear disks. You get more bland seats and a Just as equally bland D15b7 Engine. If you swap out the Engine for a D16z6 it will help out greatly. If you dont feal like doing a Full swap you can sway the D16z6 SOHC VTEC head onto the D15b7 block its called a "mini-me" We have a DIY in our DIY Section.

If you have a EX, You have a Sunroof, Possible Disks with options of ABS, and Much much nicer seating. Fittingly the D16z6 that comes stock in the EX Coupe is a pretty decent engine. If your looking for more Power then Getting a Intake Pipe($20), Headers($50) and Exhaust($100) off Ebay will give you much more power, It will let the D16z6 breath and put more power down,

If you already have the above options you can go farther by getting a Skunk 2 Intake Manifold. Or possibly a new Cam. I would recommend one from Bisimoto as his cams are awesome. If you do a new cam you WILL need to get your computer retuned.
By PopKorn689
#226487 TURBO!!! :woot: When I was in high school a kid down the street from me turbo'd his 2000 EX with the stock y8 and guess what . . . it was AUTO! He said only problem was the transmissions didn't seem to like high boost. A trans cooler would be recommended from what I have herd but don't hold me to that it's only something I herd that might help.

Someone else will have to help you on this part because I don't have the right experience on the subject but I don't think you can tune the AUTO ECU's but I may be wrong so I would look into that as well.
By PaPaSmURf
#226686 I just got a d16z6 full swap in my car from a 97 civic ex i also added headers. you guys are awesome thanks for the help i do wanna get those cams put in but doing everything slowly . do you guys know if they make superchargers for the civic's bcuz im guessing that would be a better alternative then a turbo . i was thinking turbo but it all in the rpm and auto shifts way too early...
By chrono404
#226710 Jackson Racing did make 88-00 D Series Super Chargers. They are no longer in production but can be bought used. I think that would work better then a turbo setup on an Automatic becouse of your instant torque which is what you want on a Auto.

auto Ecu's can be tuned.
By PaPaSmURf
#226775 where can i buy the supercharger ? do i need to upgrade cams and pistons first or just buy the supercharger and slap it on.
By Ajax1989
#226779 depends on how many psi u wanna push, about 10psi would be good with a nice tune, for the cam id go wit a bisimoto lvl 1 camshaft and a bisimoto cam gear

and you can find the superchargers on ebay or craigslist
By PaPaSmURf
#226792 i was check all over ebay they got the dumb electric superchargers. on craigslist they want too much money cuz they selling with the swap im gonna keep looking though Thanks guys