Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By HondaCivicGuy
#225563 From what I know the coupe's don't have speaker mounts they just bolt to the sheet metal behind the back seat. My SiR had "speaker mounts" but i threw them out. regular after market circles should fit with no problems. unless your rear speakers are 6x9's then your setup will be different. hope this helps!
-nick
By asianrob
#225567 on coupes and sedans they bolt to the metal. i think they are 5 1/4's but i think you might be able to fit 6 1/2's in it?
By Ajax1989
#225804 there 6 1/2 and they bolt to the sheet metal :thumb: and the front are 5 1/2
By Flatland_EG
#225912 My 4 DR DX didn't come with rear speakers. I've never had anything torn apart and was wondering if the wires are already ran for rear deck speakers or am I going to have to do that myself.
By asianrob
#225920 everything is prewired for the speakers.
By Flatland_EG
#226115 That's what I figured, but it never hurt to ask. 8)
By cody27
#230295 my question is will speaker grilles from a 94 sedan fit my 93 DX coupe(no OEM speakers)?....if not ill make em fit cause i already bought em but they look like they should but hard to tell as it was dark by the time i left the wrecker so couldnt get a good look at my rear deck from the trunk side, and yea the wiring is all there already, the sheet metal is also cut for 6.5" ya just need to cut your rear deck piece

and does anyone have any words of advice before i start tearing out the rear deck piece so i can cut the holes
By asianrob
#230305 i am almost sure that they are the same piece. on the bottom of your stock trim piece there should be an out line to where you can cut it and etc.

you shouldn't have to cut any metal at all.

you'll have to remove the top piece for your rear seats and maybe the pillers to completely get it out.
By cody27
#230306 yea i found a picture of some OEM[dealer] grilles that a guy put in a coupe and they are different looking but relatively same shape and mounted 90* the opposite way but IMO these sedan grilles look nicer so ill just have to make em fit as i plan on pickin up speakers as there are some smokin deals with boxing week sales right now

if i dont forget ill snap some pics
By gtstripes
#230315 i have 6" in front and 6.5" in the rear :) oh yeah and two 12" subs but i need amp and amp cables etc which i have no idea about how to hook the bloody things up lol!
By cody27
#230443 so i was talking t the guy at the audio place today and he said that from his experience with hondas if the car came with rear speakers from the dealer they were 6.5 however if you didnt have factory rear speakers the holes in the deck will only fit 5.25s, so seeing as i dont much feel like hacking it to shit i went with some 5.25s which is fine with me as ive run 5.25s in my cherokee and was more than happy with sound quality
By asianrob
#230448 the hole doesnt change if it had or didnt have speakers LOL....
By Ajax1989
asianrob wrote:the hole doesnt change if it had or didnt have speakers LOL....

x2

honda isnt gonna change there blue prints cuz one modle didnt come wit speakers

if stocks are 6.5 that means 6.5s are gonna fit if they didnt come from the factory, thats the beauty bout most cars, alot of stuff is interchangeable cuz the manfauctures dont want to spend a shit load of cash making every model diff (chassie wise) lol