Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95c1v1c
EG6b20R wrote:
95c1v1c wrote:You gotta get the subframe with the rack too...or it won't fit

umm no u dont.. look it up.. IM doing a manual Non power sterring swap into mines.. everyhting is the same except for the oil port and lines from the power sterring..

Feel free to question my replies, except when you don't know what you are talking about! When taking a power rack out of an ex to put a skinny manual rack from a dx, the passenger side holes are wrong for the bracket to fit. Obviously you are the one who needs to do more research on the matter...50200-SR3-H50 is the power subframe, 50200-SR3-C00 is the manual subframe. I just did the real swap from a real power to a real manual 2 months ago. We post so others get good info...not checking your fellow posters knowledge...do YOUR research before pointing fingers at other posters.
By PopKorn689
#226010 Well if it helps in March when the weather starts to warm back up some I'm going to do the rack swap and the 5 speed swap and I'm going to make write ups on both so good it'll be infamous and eternally used and loved! So be on the look out!

PS - I know there are some write ups out there but in my opinion they leave alot of stuff unanswered.

By myegcoupe
#226168 Yes crono, Its a bitch to REMOVE, not put in. Its easy for them to instsall it at the factory since they just have to tap it in and push a cover over, its an easy assembly. . . Is that not logical? That japanese engineer doesnt care what a "DIY Tranny guru" is doing to it after it leaves the assembly plant, let alone how your going to get it out. If a roll pin is that critical then why is a push on clip the only thing keeps it from dropping out? And as far as i know, you dont have to move that dust boot on the transmission to get to the roll pin.
By myegcoupe
#226172 The manual rack is skinnier and Will still fit, The only thing you have to do is add extra rubber between the bracket and rack on the passenger side so it doesnt move. I did this with my sedan and it works fine, theres no need to change the whole subframe.
By 95c1v1c
#226183 Some people might be OK with matchsticks and bubblegum holding their cars together, but most people on this forum want to do the job right, safe, and without parts-whoring if at all possible.
By myegcoupe
#226230 The only thing that is between the passenger side metal strap on either the power and manual steering is a rubber bushing. How is adding another 1/4 inch of rubber unsafe? let alone a "matchstick and bubblegum" repair?[/quote]
By chrono404
#226237 Locked Thread as the Original Question has been answered and it looks like its easy for it to go into Hater tech spam.

:lock: