Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By FunctionX
#215078 Hey everyone, my car currently have a ricey fart can exhaust... so i am in need of a new one. Can someone recommend me an exhaust that would be good for my automatic d16 ej.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#215080 Not a bad price if that's the right type of SS, there are a few types of SS that will still rust though

Still not a bad price considering our local exhaust shop charges 100 bucks just to go from the cat to the muffler/dunk. and that's with lousy bends in the middle.
By teal_dx
chilango41 wrote:How much are you looking to spend?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-HO ... 43a1d11a86

That's just another ebay exhaust with sound deadening that will burn out over time. A full stainless catback on ebay is only $100 for a good reason - inferior quality. Why would Skunk2 or HKS charge $400+ ? I'd plan on spending at least $250 for a decent stainless catback.

If you want your exhaust to be quiet, use an OEM cat and go with an exhaust that doesn't advertise "4" tip". Also be sure it has an actual resonator, not just something that looks like a resonator. Some of the cheap exhausts have hollow resonators.

Also 2.5" is bigger than you need for a stock D series motor. 2" or 2.25" will be fine.
By Gustavo
#215132 I like Skunk2 MegaPower R but thats just me. :thumb:
By FunctionX
#215139 I see, well I'm willing to spend ~$500. Hopefully less than that though.
If you don't mind me asking... but what's a resonator?
By FunctionX
chilango41 wrote:$500, you can find a good apexi or greedy exhaust.
Skunk2 is not a bad choice neither.

Alright, I'll check those out.
By jdmjunkies
#215322 buy my apexi N1 with 2 1/4 piping all the way back from the header.
im asking $200 LMK!!!
if interested ill find out how much it will be to shit to your area!!!
By FunctionX
#215403 i was wondering if a tanabe exhaust is good?...

jdmjunkies wrote:buy my apexi N1 with 2 1/4 piping all the way back from the header.
im asking $200 LMK!!!
if interested ill find out how much it will be to shit to your area!!!

got to think about it.
By Gustavo
FunctionX wrote:I see, well I'm willing to spend ~$500. Hopefully less than that though.
If you don't mind me asking... but what's a resonator?

Check out Skunk2 MegaPower exhausts. They have the plain MegPower, MegaPower R , or MegaPower RR but ur price range check out the plain MegaPower.