Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By shel8777
#212060 Hello Honda loyalist, I have a 94 dx coupe, I/H/EX I am currently getting a Skunk 2 Intake manifold, and I am making my motor into one bad ass mini me.. My goal is 14.9--14.7. Is that reachable all motor? Even 15.1? Please
assist a noobie like me.. My ride is a coupe white with a black hood.. Post pics soon thanks... :roll:
By MI_excoupe
#212067 I think a high 14-ish quarter is pheasable, if it is done the proper way. But dont take my word for it, I'm not too familiar with the whole mini me "game."
By shel8777
#212068 Thanks brother!
By Classiccarsrule85
#212072 first off screw the skunk 2 pos intake they are worthless get the edlebrock if anything you wont be making much power all motor so really id just run eitehr a ported z6 /y8 intake manifold....

second im only going by the internets here so here we go

you will get better accelleration if you dont have much weight so less weight=good it all depends on the total weight of the car the size of the rims and brakes due to the amount of energy needed to turn the tires and participating bodies......

so without going into details on the whole mathematical side of this you could have the highest hp engine in the world but if its in a monster truck you wont be moveing as fast as if that motor was in a lightweight car....

now also to have a decent n/a engine you need compression just slapping on a mini me wont do this....the problem is there are a couple heads to choose from some being better than others lets just stick with the main 2 the z6 and the y8 if your going n/a due to the characteristics of the y8 head it will give you better compression which in turn will work out to more power yeilding to you in the end....

however theres also factors to consider as wheel hp and engine hp is completely different as hp is lost within the drivetrain due to weight etc....

so if you wanted to shave some pounds and time dont just think about power think about weight
-ie. lightweight flyweel and clutch
-lightweight rims
etc

tho of coarse like axels you dont want them necessarily to be lightweight as this would possibly cause breakage unless its made by a reputable source....

alright anyhow lets talk motor hp
mini mes im sure you know upgrade the d15b7's(or any non tec engine) to have vtec this allows for a second power band which is good if built right if skimped in places then there would be trouble as a normal d15b7 wouldnt make it past 8k every time you run your motor so you may wish to invest in some peice of mind such as arp hardware.....

now power with bolt ons is really minimal here in there unless you are able to get the right combo such as if you had a short ram intake and a large exhaust and a large intake manifold there would be no point because you would end up loseing too much power due to too much air not enough fuel .....

(this happened to me when i decided to go ahead and port my z6 intake to a ls throttle body my accelleration on the bottom suffered a bit so it wasted more time getting to the shift point thusly once you shifted it would just bog down again unless you had it up there in the rpm)

So getting somethting thats not too big and not too small is key here to produce decent numbers

another good idea might be to upgrade your ignition and fuel but if you do get to this point you may want to go ahead and get a tune....i mean id suggest a tune no matter what you do as this would allow you to get teh greatest amount of power out of your bolt ons etc....

times really depend on the car as well as the driver so i am not going to get your hopes up and say it will or it might it just depends on a number of factors ill just say itd probaly be close.....hope this helps ya
By teal_dx
#212081 +1 on everything CCR said but I don't agree with the part about upgrading ignition. The OEM parts are suitable for much more HP than you'll be making with a mini-me setup.
Spend the money elsewhere, such as an EX/Si transmission for their shorter gears :thumb: That will make a huge difference
By shel8777
#212108 Thanks fellas, I was also considering a gude performance package... Much to consider I will take your advice...
By Classiccarsrule85
teal_dx wrote:+1 on everything CCR said but I don't agree with the part about upgrading ignition. The OEM parts are suitable for much more HP than you'll be making with a mini-me setup.
Spend the money elsewhere, such as an EX/Si transmission for their shorter gears :thumb: That will make a huge difference

that was if you upgraded the air to have the motor take in a heck of alot more if it needed......but yea i do say that your right with the ignition and damn it you beat me to the transmission concept lol was working on weight and motor and completely forgot the transmission so yea you gotta consider everything if you wish to get lower times ......

+1 to you to teal
By teal_dx
#212221 although there are some proven products out there such as Noology plug wires and I'm seeing Pulsar Plugs mentioned a lot in articles.
I don't know what they would do on a NA D series pushing ~150 HP though... money might be better spent on super light wheels or an si tranny.
By jb-b16b-ej1
#217773 i ran a 14.60 in a mini me so i bet u could do it just get a good clutch and tires the rest is doable pretty easy
By shel8777
#217778 Thank you brother, edlbrock manifold and z6 tyranny is next on the plan - the 2010 maxima does 14.4 with 290 HP so if my 15 year old eg beats that or at least hanging top speed I'm so good. Not to mention its just a mini me and not a bad ass b or k20
By Eg6H2D
jb-b16b-ej1 wrote:i ran a 14.60 in a mini me so i bet u could do it just get a good clutch and tires the rest is doable pretty easy
how built was the Mini me. my buddy's full body rsx-s with his lil ass in there went 14.5 with bolt ons I/H/E k pro and lsd clutch flywheel, suspensiong and 17" 04 s2000 wheels. spinning 2nd and 3rd gear. and he only did one run and was happy. easy 13.9 would he gone again..

it's the whole power to weight ratio thing. :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
shel8777 wrote:Thank you brother, edlbrock manifold and z6 tyranny is next on the plan - the 2010 maxima does 14.4 with 290 HP so if my 15 year old eg beats that or at least hanging top speed I'm so good. Not to mention its just a mini me and not a bad ass b or k20

well
Maxima's are nothiong light. that's 290hp at the crank to the wheels it would be about 250-260hp. plus the torque that mooves it. you with about 165-175whp( 190-200hp at the crank) with about 1900-2100lbs with you in the car. 14s could be attained.. if you know how to drive the car down the track. :thumb:

Another kid i know full interior EG hatch (Si) about 185whp b18c1 went 14.7.. just before the season was over out this way.