Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By g3tyourmindright
#209282 so i was driving back from school this morning and im on the parkway so im tryn merge off the exit and i hit the gas and all of a sudden my car starts to make a horrible noise ,thank god i was a block from my house , i popped the hood and saw this ..Image . . im a noob i just got this car (first car) about a month and a half ago..what is this exactly ? and would that be the cause for the horrible noise ? my uncle is a mechanic but if it isnt anything major i wouldnt wanna waste his time ..if i can do it please let me know , thanks !
By CMDeOro
#209293 It is an O2 Sensor. the reason your car is making all that noise is because that sensor is hooked up to your exhaust. It read the oxygen coming out of your exhaust.

The threads look good in the picture. I say it was loose and it could just be threaded in, but it looks like the sensor hit the floor a couple of times because the tip looks damaged. you might have to replace it.
By Torch_Ind
#209308 check the manifold I have seen them crack at the o2 sensor hole and could be why it shot out!!!
By g3tyourmindright
#209335 thanks for the help !! i just popped it back in but do you think i should still take it to get checked out ? its not making a noise anymore .
By g3tyourmindright
#209344 i cleaned it off with a metal brush and it threaded in pretty well, i'm still going to buy a new one tho.