Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ikon
#208420 u wnt go sohc :?
By chrono404
jayEGR wrote:sweet but still on the wiring harness question will it match up and iam goin with a b20b is the b20z better :o

B20z(99spec jdm b20b) has higher compression, Which therefore makes it a better engine. Since you cant give b20's much boost with out fear of cracking your clyinder walls the B20z(99 spec jdm b20b) is the better of the engines to go with if you wanna go Boost or N/A.

jayEGR wrote:thanks what you think chrono404 whould my harness work for the b20b its from a 96 and up crv so dnt know excatly , and what b series tranny should i go with ,and blk92hb thanks for your input :thumb: might do a turbo when i get a hatch i for my daiuly and beast out my coupe but turbo later when i get more muliah :lol: but right now just learing on swaping then later learn how to rebuild and then just do wat i love and as a hobblie ,learning as i go with this site is going to improve , thanks for the knowedge guys ...need more inputs :thumb:

For Wiring everything on my D16z6 Wiring harness plugged in expect the Dizzy(obd2b) and the o2 Sensor as it was at the back of the engine and not in the front like a D. To fix this I went to the Junkyard and cut wiring on both ends of any obd1 4 wire o2 sensor. Pretty sure I got them off an accord. Then I soldered both ends of the wiring together to make it an extension harness so I dont have to cut into my z6 Wiring harness.

For The Dizzy you have two options. 1) Take apart the B20 and the D16 Dizzys and swap the electronics between the two. make sure the shaft from the b20 dizzy stays in the b20 dizzy and the d16 shaft stays in the d16 dizzy. This is the path I took, my B20 Sol runs perfectly.Then other Option 2) you can buy an OBD1 LS Dizzy.

If you do alot Freeway Driving, You will want the GSR Transmission. If you do mainly City Driving or Mountain Road driving the B16 Transmission is the Route to go.

If your not afraid to open your tranny a B16 1-4 and a GSR 5th or even an Ls 5th(with new fresh synchros) Will be the optimal transsmision for Quick Acceraltion and Freeway Driving. Crusing at 70mph at 3800RPM in 5th gets annoying rather quickly.

When you want more power from your B20 down the road. I wouldn't do a B20 Vtec as for less money you can get a good turbo kit with a Smaller Turbo and run 7-8lbs. It Will spool quickly and make more power then a b20Vtec. As long as you have a good tune and a Decent Turbo kit you should be good. This is the route I plan on doing with my B20 once it is no longer quick enough for me.