Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By andyc
#202783 Not 100% if this is the right area to post in but here goes...

I am needing to pick up a D16Z6 tomorrow and I was going to rent a small van to do that. A guy at work seems to think ill have no problem getting it back in my Coupe. Has anyone done this before or does anyone think its a possibility? :?
By TrailerTrash
#202809 might not fit the whole way in... ive had trannies and a bunch of tires in my trunk but never a complete engine...
By VerLee24
#202813 even if you take out the spare and tip the engine, i dont think it will fit.

van, big old tire, tow straps. set the oil pan in the tire and secure it down with the tow straps. thats how ive done it
By Chance
#202814 Yup.. doubt it'll fit without messing your car up. Rent a van or you dont have any friends/neighbors with a truck? or I've put a complete d15b, resting on a tire, in the back of a gutted integra.. if you know anyone with an integra lol
By andyc
#202815 what about putting the back seats down in my coupe, take passenger seat out and put it in the back??
By andyc
#202817 what if... I remove the passenger seat, leave it at home, cover the floor, and put it where the seat was?
By TrailerTrash
#202818 that should work! might be a little tricky getting it in there though
By Chance
#202824 Personally, I wouldn't chance messing up my car.
By tigerafro
#202845 spend the extra 100 bucks and rent a van. theres no way the whole thing will fit in the coupe.plus with the added weight, can't be good for the suspenstion
By andyc
#202856 Im starting to look out of options.... Cant rent a van by the weekend, dont know anyone with one either... what if i break it down into smaller parts?
By andyc
#202870 Ive had a good look at my d15, sized it up and decided Im gona take out the passenger seat and get it in there. it will work. I may need to take off the inlet manifold maybe, I cant find a thread on here for taking off a d series inlet manifold... is it easy???
By chrono404
#202923 I have stuffed engines and transmission into my sedans trunk. granted they where not together when it was done however if it can be done in a sedan's small trunk opening, it can be done in an coupes. You will want to bring tools to take of extra things that will stop it from fitting such as exhaust manifold, intake manifold etc(if needed), etc...

a 10,12,14 and flat screwdriver, and phillips screw driver are recommended. 17 if your unbolting engine and tranny.
By andyc
#202925 Ive got a decent tool kit ill take along, Im thinking the passenger seat space should be ok if I protect the cars interior from oil and dirt... ill take the door card off too. This engine is coming back with me one way or another, im determined... 3 yrs of using a stock b7 is enough of an incentive :lol: