Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By quietman3212
#201014 I'm trying to figure out what would be best to do with my ride for a budget. I have job over the summer and am going back to school in the fall and I'd like to put some work into it without spending all my money.

So far, all I've done is buy some new tires for the stock wheels and a new set of seat belts, because the one I have is messed up and I found a decent deal.

I was thinking of concentrating on the body first and foremost, but I have no know-how or tools for me to be confident in doing too much of any of that, so I'd have to get somebody to do that or, at least, help me.

I bought the civic last August with a clown-looking spoiler, which I removed, and a faux dual exhaust, as can be at least partially seen in the picture. Also, it came with the racing seats. It came with a cold air intake that was going through the left of the engine bay. A guy who worked on my car brought it up from under because he was worried about water and such getting into it over the winter months. It also came with lowering springs. I'm kind of okay with where it sits because some of the roads around here on which I drive can be pretty treacherous. I'm not super car savvy, so I don't know what else was done.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get the second tailpipe removed, 'cause I'm pretty convinced it's useless.

I was thinking of trying to get my hands on--after doing body work--a small turbo. I'm not looking to make a super amount of boost. I'd like to be able to have a set-up that will be pretty reliable, but not expensive.

I don't know if I'm missing something that I should definitely be looking at prior to these things. Just looking for some input from people who know more than I.

These pictures are as recent as can be. Any help would be much appreciated.
By teal_dx
#201062 looks like it was on its way to becoming a track car ( gutted interior, drilled holes in trunk lid & removed tar sound dampner to reduce weight)

What do you want the car to be?
By 95CivEg
#201065 Build internals before boost :thumb:
By VerLee24
95CivEg wrote:Build internals before boost :thumb:

unless you want less than 225. with a solid tune, d16z6's (the motor yo have) have been proven to reliably hold 200whp which is very streetable for a fun car around town.
By quietman3212
#201167 Actually, I am removing the sound deadening and drilled the holes in the trunk. It had a full interior when I bought it, but I've just been trying to do some free 'upgrades.' The guy from whom I bought it said the guy before raced it, but I don't know how well he knew what he was doing. The car is my daily driver, but I kinda just want it to be a fun ride. I don't know if I should focus on suspension, or more weight reduction, or whatever else. .

I'm also planning on removing the A/C and the heat shield on the front of the valve cover.

I don't really care if the interior looks awesome, but I want it to look decent. What do you think I should do about the residue left behind from the sound deadening?
By quietman3212
VerLee24 wrote:
95CivEg wrote:Build internals before boost :thumb:

unless you want less than 225. with a solid tune, d16z6's (the motor yo have) have been proven to reliably hold 200whp which is very streetable for a fun car around town.

I definitely wasn't hoping for more than 200hp. It probably is only pushing 130hp now, so I'd think that'd be above my budget..