Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By coldvision2000
#200969 Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but im looking at two mufflers that i really like and need some input about them (performance, sound looks, etc...)

First up is Super turbo Dynomax 17686 $60.00

Second is magnaflow 14820 $121.00

now the Dynomax is the easiest to bolt right in and the price is good the magnaflow is high in price but looks beautiful but needs to be welded on I think your thoughs please thanks :)
By Vti93T
#200979 apexi world sport 2 haha or vibrant :) mmm
By 93hatcheg
#200981 yea personally i wouldnt get iether go. with a apexi or a greddy or hks or even dc sports.

i have that magnaflow on my girlfriends vr6 jetta and its actually pretty nice but i would go some thing higher quality
By coldvision2000
#200982 Okay so i'll go another way then how much do apexi or greddy go for ? and which model/style is best for our cars :)
By Datsmart
#201262 Depends on what you like. Having a Turbo Style Muffler Gives a nice deep exhaust tone. It will be loader then stock, However quite enough that its still nice to do freeway driving.

Going with any "Fart Cannon" Exhaust systems will make you look and Sound like a Ricer with its high pitched whine that haunts import drivers everywhere. The only exception being the Greedy Evo 2 which has a nice deep tone, However it still has the "Fart Cannon" Look to it.

Another thing to remember is that Police and Theifs look and listen for "Fart Cannon" Style Exhaust systems.
By dbrooks
#201264 just save up and get a spoon sports n1 system. they are so nice!
By dro21
#201274 If u want performance u need a cat back exhaust system...but they are expensive depending on the brand......i have(had) a greddy evo2 catback exhaust which i like. Its not loud untill you stomp on the accelerator, perfect for commuting.
By asianrob
#201374 what is your set up on your motor? what are you planning on going? all motor or turbo?

you can easily decide from there
By asianrob
#201377 how big of piping are you going to be going? 2.25? or 2.5? id say if you go with the 2 selected id go with the first one. WS and the Sp's are nice but kinda expensive you know?
By coldvision2000
#201380 Im going with 2.25 piping who knew looking for a performance muffler would be so much work LoL
By asianrob
#201383 lol. its not hard work just trying to find something that would match up with your setup. as long as they are quality they should sound nice.
By coldvision2000
#201385 Thanks asianrob I have been searching youtube for vids on their sounds but the vids arent all that great so I guess i'll look more into it so my set up is right and im happy with the sound.
By asianrob
#201394 nice. you can get a nice HKS high power exhaust for a decent price.