Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cody27
#196832 Hi ive search and found write ups for HBs but nothing for coupes, im looking for a way to put in a trunk light and im curious what you guys have done and how you wired it as i cant find anything that resembles a trunk light connection or spot for one as ive got the carpeted trunk, OE trunk lights are usually pretty weak so ill probly grab one of those cheap 18"LED bars as thats what i i put in the back of my VW but im still left with how to connect it as theres no hook up.

so lets see what you guys got

thanks
By miguelpr0
#197339 maybe u can use a dc trunk light hooked up to the map light or maybe you can put any light hooked up to a manual switch with an in line fuse or something like that, i really don't know :? but i think any of this 2 could work
By cody27
#197353 yea out of 3 forums ive had no replies....although im sure im not the only one who would prefer a lighted trunk so im thinking ill just run a line from a constant 12v on the fuse block to a fuse and a switch and do it that way

hmmmm im thinkin a DIY is in order here
By _gash_
#197843 uk spec coupe come with trunk/boot lights. ive had one in every one of mine. im from the uk btw
By dbrooks
#199737 my eg8 sedan came with a truck light. it might be a good idea to run to a junk yard and take the light and the wiring harness for it.

best of luck!