Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Boods
#196714 Hey guys,

Was fitting a lip, and my front right wheel is absolutely fucked, but like. the chassis is anyway. My left wheel has abour 3inch from the front of the bumper, an 3in of the back of the wing. However cut to the right side. it has about half an inch from the front bumper an about 3inch from the back.
the bumper is lined up, as the light's wont fit otherwise, an they're both lined up with the wings.

Is this just a bent chassis?

sorry about my terrible writing, I'm in such a piss right now.
By Classiccarsrule85
#196741 check your lower control arm it would either be that or the crossmember since thats what controls the ins and outs length wise o the tire i had the same problem fixd with lower control arm mine was bent
By teal_dx
#196759 a hard curb smack will do that to our cars. If the LCA is replaced and the problem is still there, shops can shim the subframe I have been told.
Or put it on a frame straightener.
By Boods
#196784 After calming down, it's just that my bumper doesn't sit straight, and droops down and backwards on that side - Will attach a picture in a second :)

Note - That is taken from perfectly horizontally lol. Also my lights'n everyhting don't sit flush. reckon it's possible to fix myself? :)

[Also, I know my ride's stupidly high, see build thread for a piece of mind xD]
By d-mon
Annoyingricer wrote:After calming down, it's just that my bumper doesn't sit straight, and droops down and backwards on that side - Will attach a picture in a second :)
Note - That is taken from perfectly horizontally lol. Also my lights'n everyhting don't sit flush. reckon it's possible to fix myself? :)

[Also, I know my ride's stupidly high, see build thread for a piece of mind xD]

wait, what?
you use inches?
i thought you brits were metric!
you want to be on level ground when you adjust your body parts (bumpers, fenders, lips, etc) as well as suspension.
By Boods
#197268 Us good brits use inches, as my family don't understand "about 30 cm" they need to be told "like 12 inches" instead haha.
and yeah, my problem is i normally work on a slope, you can see behind and left, the really steep hill.... Yeah, that's my road. haha.

I always have to drive down the road to do work lol.

But anyway! on topic - found the killer, the big sh-pow, the painful potty...

that's after I've straightened the chassis bit as much as possible. I think I need a new one :| lol. anyone know what they're called?