Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By TxFireman1972
#196551 Decided to update my shifter while I had the shift linkages undone to pull the motor in my 95 Civic DX. Looked around and decided to go with double bend shifter from an Integra (I believe 94-01 will work).

Here is a picture showing the side by side difference between the factory Civic shifter on the top and the factory Integra shifter on the bottom:

Here is a picture showing the difference on the lower end of the shifters. The end of the Integra shifter is 10mm wider.

My friend runs a machine shop, so I took it by and he took 8mm off of the long side and 2mm off of the short side to make it exactly the same width as the Civic shifter:

I also got my Energy Suspension bushing kit in:

I went ahead and cleaned and degreased the shift linkages while I had them out.

Before:

After:

By tmoney
#196581 hows it feel?
By TxFireman1972
#196582 I don't know, cause the car doesn't have a motor yet!! LOL'
By Matt93eg
#196683 Great job cleaning up the Linkage. Looks brand new dude. I'll be eager to here your thoughts on the ES Shifter bushings once you get the engine installed and drive it. Thought about replacing mine with ES bushings as well.
By cody27
#196828 just did the same with mine but went with a B&M short throw straight shifter($20 used) cause i was tired of moving my knee for 1-2, same energy suspension bushing kit for $8 and new fluid in the trans and i can say you will be very happy with the upgrade, stiffened everything up and got rid of some slop

and the plus was pulling the console and finding $5.75
By jb-b16b-ej1
#208952 i put a integra shifter in my coupe and the throw is a little shorter than it was and the dual bend shifter is more comfortable to drive with.
By hondamanky
tmoney wrote:hows it feel?

i used the Energy Suspension bushing kit while swapping to a lsvtec and man it made a big difference from the stock but thats also changing linkages as well