Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By TxFireman1972
#195195 I have a 95 DX Coupe I inherited after my daughter toasted the motor. I'm in the process of putting a D16Z6 in place of the D15B7. This car will strictly be for daily driving when I dont need my truck, so the main goal is a good solid car, that has a good ride and gets great gas mileage, and a budget friendly build.

My question is on the suspension parts, Obviously, with the car being 25 years old and over 200K miles, the suspension could you some freshening up. With my project goal in mind, what is my best route as far as suspension parts? Am I better of just buying factory replacement struts, bushings, etc? Or are there better aftermarket parts available for close to the same price?

When I do parts like control arm bushings, am I better off having replacement bushings pressed into my arms or should I just replace the entire arm with a new one that has new bushings? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
By Benj
#195367 i would say that instead of getting bushings pressed in buy thew whole arm then you know its new...

and if you are talking about the rear lower control arms i would get something thats aftermarket and cheap like the blox lca's

just my 2 cents...

careful that you dont get hooked like 90% of us on here....

best of luck
By TxFireman1972
#195370 I'm already hooked lol.

This was supposed to be pull old motor out....put new motor in...but its growing LOL.
By TxFireman1972
#195556 Looks like crap right now, put the wheels on the daughters new car, so I have some ugly black steelies on it, till I find something else for it. Be warned, not a car show winner by any means LOL.

Side view of the car:

Empty engine bay waiting for the D16Z6 to go in:

D16Z6 thats going in:

This will only be Project Budget Daily Driver so I can leave this at home when I dont need it:

By 95CivEg
#196688 sweeet :thumb:
By chrono404
#196700 If you have any plans on lowering the car, You will want aftermarket struts such as KYB Gas Struts or Tokico Blue Gas Struts. Both can be had for about $300/set off ebay. When you lower a car on stock struts they will blow, and quite quickly. For Springs I would recommend either Eibach Lowering Springs or Omni Adjustable Coils for a nice soft ride, however has significantly less body roll in the corners.

Energy Suspension has lots of Quality Bushing's Not sure if they have any that are as soft as stock. Defentally a good place to start looking at though.

If you want a little bit better handling after all these, I would recommend getting some sway bars off of a 92-95 EX Coupe, DelSol Si, or Delsol VTEC. Its impressive how much this helps handling.

If you want a little bit more power from the engine a Cold air intake, Headers and Freer flowing exhaust are the normal starting places.

Make sure you check out the DIY How To thread which links to all of our How to articles, its under the "Misc" Pulldown on any page.

Looks like your off to a good start with your Coupe. They are very addicting. Especially when you put a good handling suspension under them. look forward to seeing how this progresses
By miguelpr0
#197322 lol the car is 15 years old not 25
By miguelpr0
#197331 nah man don't be sorry, was J/K, did u start the swap?