Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By sdej1turbo
#191187 i ordered hid for my coupe 1993 and ordered a h4 9003 6000k hid kit finding out that the kit doesn't work, my buddy has told me that the bulb fitment is 9003, and the seller is saying that the hid bulb needs a sku or another name for the bulb. i'm in the process of trying to get the correct bulb for my civic, if any body knows what i'm talking, your help will be appreicated
By Gorveatt
#191190 why didn't the kit work? h4 is 9003 and vice verse, if the seller doesn't know what that is then why is he in the automotive lighting market? :eh:
By sdej1turbo
#191196 yea dont know i plugged it up and it didn't work properly at all, i've heard that h4 is for motorcycles and larger cars.
By Gorveatt
sdej1turbo wrote:yea dont know i plugged it up and it didn't work properly at all, i've heard that h4 is for motorcycles and larger cars.

you heard lies, H4 IS 9003, they just call it differently depending where you are in the world.

and the bulb in the housing has nothing to do with it working or not, that would only be fitment in the headlight, did the bulb fire up at all?
By sdej1turbo
#191221 when both set ups are setup up correctly only one side will turn on, and when i hit the brights the other side will turn on and the first one will get shorted. would 9003 bulb be any different then h4/L?
By Gorveatt
#191223 if you have a single xenon kit then you will not have high beams,

what you are experiencing is the connectors are in the wrong place, does your kit just have two prongs, or did you have to wire anything up? I can tell just from your description that you have a wire that is connected wrong, which is making it come on when you put the high beams on
By sdej1turbo
#191261 theres 3 prongs and they are all set up correctly, it works perfectly with the halogens should work with the HID as well
By Gorveatt
#191392 yes it should work, but it's not, so my diagnosis is that there is a wire that is connected incorrectly on one of the connectors which is why it comes on when you put the high beams on
By Deltoroatx
#194612 All I know are mine are H4-3...they are dual beam meaning hi/lo
By jayEGR
#195222 i need help with my HID also cuz for some reason i bought a hole kits from ebay and it came with foglihgts the jdm blk head lights and corner amber lights with my HID kit but me an my friend were lookin at the lights that came with it didnt fit inside the housin of the new head lights and wouldnt turn on also ....need help :x :o :?