Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By stubrun
#186152 hey guys this car is getting on my nerves now, i have it rolling now, got the shafts and new rear mount in, went to put the shifters in from a 5 door civic vti, one thing i want to know is do i need to cut the floor to fit the shifter properly, when i line up the shifter its very close to the e brake handle. stuart
By teal_dx
#186165 any pics of how you have it mounted?

you are converting from auto to manual correct?

I dont think you need to cut out the floor at all , just drill 2 holes where there are 2 round recessed areas in the layer of the sheet metal- right behind where the rear 2 bolt holes for the auto shifter were.
That's all I did and it lined up fine.

Or perhaps the 5 door has a different shaped shift linkage than the hatch/coupe share - I might bet on that if nothing else is working out.
By stubrun
#186181 here is some pics mate,

i cut a little bit of the floor out to see if i could get it to fit. i was always under the impression that b series shifters apart from the del sol are the same. stuart
By teal_dx
#186226 That's not right... I don't think that is the linkage to use. Looks a few inches too long.

It should line up in the original hole, no need to cut further back.

See those 2 round dimples right behind where the rear 2 bolt holes for the auto shifter were. Drill a hole in each of those and that's where the shifter bushing bolts through.

By stubrun
#186327 cheers for that mate. did you use a civic shifter? stuart