Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95egcivic
#181640 i wanna make my 95 eg a sleeper...i got a k&n filter in it now..what else . i dont want slap a lot of money in da motor bc its a little 1.5 sohc..got any ideas?
By 95egcivic
#181646 whats a mini me been around imports for a while never heard of that .also besides the k&n filter its all stock but its sounds nice...would putting on full cat back give me the ricer burner sound...sorry for saying that i just didnt know how else to say it
By JoseEJ1
#181652 This swap is simply a head swap for the 1.5 or 1.6 SOHC engines. If you have a 1.5L or 1.6L non-vtec engine, you will be adding a vtec head from a D16z6 or D16y8. While you're at it you might as well upgrade the intake manifold too. The benefit is upgrading your horsepower. my dx came with 103 stock, and the ex has 127-129 (96-00 1.6L vtec were slightly higher than 92-95).

^ That is a mini me. I got it from the Do-It-Yourself section. Check it out for more details.
By 95egcivic
#181654 ok thanks.also does anybody know what seats will bolt directly in the front.my driver seat is ripped pretty bad on the left side
By teal_dx
#181658 if you want to do a fast sleeper, start learning about turbo setups. You'll end up spending at least twice as much as you would on a mini-me swap, but instead of ~25 HP, you can add 50+ HP :thumb:

You can save a lot of money if you piece together your own kit, but you have to know what you're looking for to build it right.
By 95egcivic
#181660 i dont know about a turbo....budget wise...but it would be nice...my buddy has a 88-91 hatch not quite sure of the year..but its runs a 20 lbs turbo....
teal dx u got any suggest or advice on exhaust..i can get all brand new header to cat back exhaust for under 300..its bolt on
By 95egcivic
#181665 what do u mean obxinas or however u spell dat...thats where i found them..ebay
By JUICE
#181667 with ebay, you get what you pay for. a generic chinese exhaust will sound like a fart cannon for sure. if your serious, save up money for your exhaust.
By ExCoupe94
#181670 On my hatch i invested about 350 on a custom 2.25 exhaust using a magnaflow high flow cat and muffler no tip just came out 2.25, i asked the exhaust guy what he thought would be best and told him to go to town. it was cool because it wasnt loud at all until about 3200 rpm. at about 5 it would redefine what hondas should sound like. if i had to describe it a lot deeper and throaty-er. cant wait to do the same to my ls coupe! :twisted:
By blk92hb
#181708 If you get a cat back make sure it has a resonator and a oval muffler then it wont sound like crap oh btw stay away from ebay there is a reason why the exhaust are cheap its because there made cheap
By stubrun
#182142 and always go with a 2.25 system mate otherwise it will be tingy and raspy like a cherry bomb. i ran an ebay exhaust on my old eg4 got it for £148 delivered but came with a 4.5'' back box so that was binned in favour of a spoon N1 :thumb:
For a sleeper look mate, run an oem airbox with resonator removed and a decent panel filter, if you run a cone filter unless its a long reach you will just get the problems with high under bonnet intake temperature. Or for around £5-600 you could go for a B16a :lol: