Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By civic94ex
#177197 im new here, but i have a 94 ex coupe, and the battery got unhooked and when i hooked it back up the 4 ways starting flashing and the dash lights were too and there was a little LED red light flashing on my dash also, and now when i try to start my car nothing happens at all, doesnt turn over or anything, so if any one has any ideas PLZ HELP!! thanx
By forcefedEG
#177200 dose your car have a viper security system or some aftermarket kit like that? thats what it sounds like. the security system reset it self...
By civic94ex
#177204 i dont know if it does or not, but i did notice a little toggle switch under the dash next to the fuse box but i switched back and forth but doesnt make any difference still nothing when trying to start
By forcefedEG
#177208 not sure about the toggle switch most of the ones ive seen with a reset have just been a momentary switch not an actuall on off switch. but im about 100 percent sure thats what the red led is for. if it had an alarm and u dont have the key fobs for it you might be stuck... im not real familliar with them, i took the viper off of my car because i didnt wana deal with it. (and thats what the red led was for... i left mine there for looks) i would recomend calling a place that deals with the aftermarket secuity systems. i woundt recomend disconnecting anything with out being sure.
By civic94ex
#177220 ok, when i switch the toggle switch the led light will turn either on or off depending on which way its switched, and when the light is on or off it still doesnt try to start
By stubrun
#177236 sounds like your immobiliser has activated mate, did you get any fobs or strange shape keys with your car? also check your glove box as some came with factory fitted imobilisers in there you can arm with a key :)
By fatcoupe
#177542 idk security systems at ALL, but i do know a few people who installed red leds in the dash hooked to a switch as a "deterrent"
By civic94ex
#177771 it was a viper security system, me and a buddy took it out, and now the car turns over again, thanx everyone who helped