Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egGoose
#170455 plainly stated. my brothers 99 si has been sitting around for a year after he blew his built b16. now he doesnt like his EG8 with b16 as much. He is looking into buying a f22c motor with the 6 speed trans. I dont know how he would do it since i have never even seen a f22 motor before. i know it is larger than a k motor, will it fit? will the trans has to be modified to fit? So many questions reagrding size...anyone know the answer or have a link to another thread?
By chrono404
#170476 I have seen a F22C FWD swap done before, You will need an adapter plate that no one sells online, and a K Series Transmission.

It will be very expensive and Since the F20C and F22C Swaps dont respond well to bolt on's as already a very well tuned engine, To get more power you will need forced induction.(i.e. Boost) It would be a much cheaper and faster route to go with a K Series swap.

Build thread of a F20C FWD Swap(in Italian, Its a Rare swap, take what you get):
http://hgi.forumup.it/about7277-0-asc-0-hgi.html

The above Threads Youtube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcqDgBHjSg

If you want to a RWD Swap, then:

RWD F22C into EG Hatch build thread:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58793

_____

Either path will take extensive fabrication and lots and lots of money. If you want to take on such a project good luck, If you just want a really fast honda just put in a Boosted B or swap in a K. The blown b16 is begging to have a LS/Vtec, B20vtec, or Poorman's Type-R Build done. All can be done well for much less money as you have alot of the parts already, and will be pretty quick.

If he wants RWD, Buy a S2k, They are around AP1's can be had for $10-11K locally, Unless he has a Machine shop and is experienced in it, It will be cheaper to just buy an S2k then try and fabricated your Si into one.
Last edited by chrono404 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By egGoose
#170502 Just as I thought. I thought going from the rwd to fwd would be the most difficult besides the size. He doesnt have the money or shop to perform all of which you stated, so i think were going to throw this out. hes very picky and i cant convince him to drop a k into, he insists on having a rare f22 em. cant blame him but cant afford it. btw, his blown motor is getting rebuilt as we speak and getting put into my buddys rare BA5.
By Classiccarsrule85
egGoose wrote:Just as I thought. I thought going from the rwd to fwd would be the most difficult besides the size. He doesnt have the money or shop to perform all of which you stated, so i think were going to throw this out. hes very picky and i cant convince him to drop a k into, he insists on having a rare f22 em. cant blame him but cant afford it. btw, his blown motor is getting rebuilt as we speak and getting put into my buddys rare BA5.

maybe a j swap... v6 maybe ...dont see those in eks all that much its different ect.