Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EricM
#167229 Many will laugh but I have a serious question. Since the engine number is corroded and all I can make out is a D1, I have no clue which engine I have for sure. Its a 1993 Civic Coupe DX, which normally has the D15B7. But I have no history of the car since it was a prior salvage title. It was made in Canada and I've heard that the canadian civics are powered by JDM engines... could this mean I have a non-vtec JDM d15b? I have no vtec solenoid, so its not the VTEC D15b but I've gotten mixed answers since it was made in a Canada plant.

Can someone give me a concrete answer on this? Thanks.

-Eric
By Classiccarsrule85
#167231 93 civic dx will be a d15b7
By EricM
#167233 Yeah I thought it was but some people were saying the Canadian civic had a different engine. Whatever, not like it matters. I'm pulling her out here in a couple months. Anyone wanna buy meh d15b7 and trans? 159k miles and purrrs. :wink:
By BaTzEG92
#170911 I have a 1992 DX Hatch from Canada and it's a D15B2, if memory serves me.

Then again, for all I know the motor's been swapped, so this may not help you anyway.

$.02