Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By FairViewLife
#165126 So I have a 1995 civic 2dr dx coupe. I recently purchased a 1994 acura integra that is wrecked. I want to do the rear disc brake swap and I just wanted to see if the bb and mc would work on my car without having to bend and re-flair the brake lines. I do know that this car has abs and from what I have searched and read this might make a difference. Also I think I might need the "4040" proportion valve from a 95 civic si witch I have found on ebay but I wanna make sure its the right one I need first. Any help is much appreciated thanks.
Last edited by FairViewLife on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Classiccarsrule85
FairViewLife wrote:So I have a 1995 civic 2dr dx coupe. I recently purchased a 1994 acura integra that is wreaked. I want to do the rear disc brake swap and I just wanted to see if the bb and mc would work on my car without having to bend and re-flair the brake lines. I do know that this car has abs and from what I have searched and read this might make a difference. Also I think I might need the "4040" proportion valve from a 95 civic si witch I have found on ebay but I wanna make sure its the right one I need first. Any help is much appreciated thanks.

well since your coupes a dx it most likely dose not have abs thusly you wont be able to use the integras bb/mc or prop valve what you need is a master cyl. off a 88-91 civic ex/si or possibly a 91-93 integra may work i know youll want the prop valve off a civic or integra without abs so pretty much you wont be able to use a 40/40 style from a civic si.....since that car had abs. more than likely you will want to see about a integra rs since thats the only car i know of 94+ that did not come with abs....

so quick summury.....
stuff from the integra you have no nothing but the rear and front disc will work from that brakeing system....
What you want is stuff from a 88-91 civic ex/si (master cyl) since they did not come with abs....or you will want possibly a master cyl from a 91-93 integra im unsure tho if that style integra will work but i know youll want a prop valve from a non abs civic/del sol or integra with rear disc...

hope that helps
By FairViewLife
#165130 well since your coupes a dx it most likely dose not have abs thusly you wont be able to use the integras bb/mc or prop valve what you need is a master cyl. off a 88-91 civic ex/si or possibly a 91-93 integra may work i know youll want the prop valve off a civic or integra without abs so pretty much you wont be able to use a 40/40 style from a civic si.....since that car had abs. more than likely you will want to see about a integra rs since thats the only car i know of 94+ that did not come with abs....

so quick summury.....
stuff from the integra you have no nothing but the rear and front disc will work from that brakeing system....
What you want is stuff from a 88-91 civic ex/si (master cyl) since they did not come with abs....or you will want possibly a master cyl from a 91-93 integra im unsure tho if that style integra will work but i know youll want a prop valve from a non abs civic/del sol or integra with rear disc...

hope that helps[/quote]

ok thats what I was thinking. one quick question. since the bb and mc won't work for me I still want to do the brake swap and still just use my mc and bb thats in the car now. do I need a 4040 from a 95 civic si or the one from a 90-93 teg non abs?
By Classiccarsrule85
#165135 90-93 integra it wont be a straight 40/40 thats for abs cars what you need is a non abs prop valvefrom either a si or ex w/o abs possibly a 92 civic si? or like i said integra rs or 90-93 integra prop valve....

the [prop valve you get should look like yours but have different numbers on it....
By berg89
#165148 Grab one out of a junk yard. A lot cheaper.
By FairViewLife
#165150 the only junk yard around here has one 4 door 92 civic and it has been stripped. So this is my only option I just want to make sure it is what I need
By Classiccarsrule85
#165168 could ask in the wanted area for one i can go ahead and look for one soon for you....from my junkyard i may actually have one in my shed just gotta look once this snow is shoveled up a bit if your not in too big of a rush to get it done i can go help you get parts...
By FairViewLife
#165176 yeah that sounds great if you have one. i dont mind spending the $30 for the one on ebay.. but im not in a hurry. I have to wait till some of the snow melts around here to move the teg to my house anyway
By Classiccarsrule85
#165209 well as luck would have it was unabel to get into my shed the lock froze so tomarrow hoepfully i can get it undone but never fear i got a parts stash in my basement as well lol......

I found a 58/41 i think it is or its reversed 41/58 prop valve that you can use i can do probaly 10 or something like that +shipping throw me an offer and in the mean time ill see what other prop valves i have....since i should have a few for a rear disc swap just they all seem to have different ratios
By FairViewLife
#165225 ok sounds great. whenever you find the right one just let me know I have paypal. just from what i have read on honda tech the one I need is stamped 4040. I also read that that doesnt mean the ratio, its just stamped with the 4040
By Classiccarsrule85
FairViewLife wrote:ok sounds great. whenever you find the right one just let me know I have paypal. just from what i have read on honda tech the one I need is stamped 4040. I also read that that doesnt mean the ratio, its just stamped with the 4040

I do beleive teh 40/40 is the I shaped one not the one with the 2 inputs and 4 outputs....

that one that i said i had will work see if you cant read teh numbers on your dx that way you can see which would best work for your car. also if your area has snow id suggest buying a spray can of lube and penatrating oil for the metal line that will need to be undone.....

but yea im almost certain the 40/40 is I shaped
By FairViewLife
#165275 Image

yeah i double cheaked it and it is the one with the 2 going in and 4 going out
Last edited by FairViewLife on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Classiccarsrule85
#165334 yea i did the same ill look for you up at the junkyard quick probaly monday dependingon the weather i cant drive my car in the snow without losing control over the stupid thing....but yea ill see what i can do for you....also ill check my shed first just in case.