Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By killajoe
#160289 i have a 94 dx coupe i have a hydro trans d16z6 running on a po6 ecu vtec not hooked up until i put in my p28,,, anyways im having a problem with it no matter what the rpms cant be lowered past 2k. only mods i have done to the car are-

Replaced oily air intake
changed the oil
changed the oil pan gasket
installed a k&n oil filter
changed the valve cover gasket
changed the spark plug gasket

also when i rev the car sometimes it acts like its not getting gas,this all happened after i changed the oil pan seal and oil also when i start my car it sounds as if i have a stage 3 cam in it. maybe its off timing? today when i drove it home from work i pressed on the brake and it killed my engine.i have also recently noticed that my heater hose under my dizzy is spiiting out hot water...i know i have asked a lot of questions if anyone has any free time i could use some answers thanks :eh:
By Classiccarsrule85
#160348 first replace the heater hose getting air in your coolant set-up and that should help your rpm level a bit...and the stalling bit could be due to that as well since its spraying your distributor......also id suggest checking your vaccum lines because if you broke hard and it stalled out im thinking it may also have the problem of a bad vaccum line.
By crash123
#160976 im gonna hav to agree with the other guy ur brakes hav vacum so if your brakeing hard it takes alot of vacum but the motor still needs vacum so ther for itl stal.
By nickbrungard
#171616 Does it not idle down or do you have to keep it at higher rpm to prevent stalling?
By fatcoupe
#171683 my del sol did this. d15b1. my idle bounced and it was doing the same thing with the dieing and wat not. i replaced my fuel pump/filter, cap and rotor, and still nothing. im selling though. but thats wat i did to mine and got nothing.
By FairViewLife
#173174 you defiantly need to replace your heater hose first.
Then I would look at the idle air control valve located on the bottom of the intake. it has coolant running thru it. your leaking coolant line could be the problem b/c it needs a certain amount running thru the system , but i would take it off and clean it up with some carb cleaner. hope this helps.
By jcblessing21
FairViewLife wrote:you defiantly need to replace your heater hose first.
Then I would look at the idle air control valve located on the bottom of the intake. it has coolant running thru it. your leaking coolant line could be the problem b/c it needs a certain amount running thru the system , but i would take it off and clean it up with some carb cleaner. hope this helps.

x2 :thumb: